Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

practice run

• Thread starter Dutch Grenadier
  • Start date
D

Dutch Grenadier

I have all mods installed. Who is whilling to help me set all keys and stuff?

I'm available all evenings till thursday but I would like to do it asap :) (like this evening GMT+1) I don't own a mic but can hear you.

Any one?

@Rambler
@DoubleD
@Septic Limb
@Vartuoosi
@Nathangun

And how do I set these keys:
- firing mode? (single, burst, full auto)
- how to use the menu?
- how to use the medic menu I saw Vart using in a video?

Editor:
- how to set that Virtual weapons and ammo menu? I want to check all weapons and gear

Do I need TS installed to hear you guys or do you use another system?

- firing mode? (single, burst, full auto) - Default key is "F"
- how to use the menu? - AGM interact with self is Left Control + Left Windows, interact with other is Left Window key
- how to use the medic menu I saw Vart using in a video? - AGM menu

Editor:
- how to set that Virtual weapons and ammo menu? I want to check all weapons and gear - Place weapons crates on the map through the editor or use Zeus. There are good tutorials on YouTube.

Do I need TS installed to hear you guys or do you use another system? - Yes, TFAR requires TS.

I should be on late tonight (EST) and tomorrow.

- firing mode? (single, burst, full auto) - Default key is "F"
- how to use the menu? - AGM interact with self is Left Control + Left Windows, interact with other is Left Window key
- how to use the medic menu I saw Vart using in a video? - AGM menu.

Alright thanks but what are they named?

Editor:
- how to set that Virtual weapons and ammo menu? I want to check all weapons and gear - Place weapons crates on the map through the editor or use Zeus. There are good tutorials on YouTube.

Do I need TS installed to hear you guys or do you use another system? - Yes, TFAR requires TS.

Roger that

I should be on late tonight (EST) and tomorrow.

What time are you talking about then?

Dutch, I'm out of the country on US time this week so can only be of limited help. If you look in the posts for the last mission, 1st Mar, I gave links to TFAR and AGM. There is also all of the TS login details. The latest version of teamspeak works, you can get this by Googling. It doesn't matter if it's 32 or 64bit.

For TFAR there are a lot of good guides on how to install on YouTube, again search for ARMA 3 and TFAR or task force radio and they will come up. It better than going through it with one of use because it shows you step by step where to go and what to do. If I can do it, it's got to be idiot proof!

AGM is a little tougher. You use self interact on any mission if you are running the mod, but you can only really interact with other players on MP. AI interaction needs technical tweeks which ain't worth investing in for MP.

For key binds, TFAR needs your team speak key to be proximity chat, most use tab and caps is your infantry radio. Forget long range for the moment. Tab clashes with Agm's weapons rest so you will need to change this, most use ctrl space from a previous mods key binding.

You can change all AGM key bindings by launching the mod, running a mission, any SP is fine, and then esc key. Top left you will see agm options bar, click and change to your hearts content. I recommend keeping as much default as possible because if,you then ask a question of another player they can help. If you've changed it they can't help.

Loads of info... I'll see what I can do. Still missing some key bindings and I don't know their names :(

uh, we're professional now? News to me! :D We still have a lot of fun. I wouldn't be waking up at 0600 on Sunday mornings if playing with these guys was a bore or too draconian. We have taken a more milsim route (I would classify it as pretty relaxed milsim), but this was a decision made by the group as a whole, not one person. We had several sessions where we hashed out the style of play we were looking for. Even a lot of the mods we use have been recommended by different members of the group, and they aren't uncommon mods either. Sure, there might be a small time investment to get them installed, but there are ample guides out there and we're willing to help! Double has put in a lot of time and effort into making the FGM Arma group what it is, and he's done a damn fine job. This is, imo, the best group of guys to play Arma with!

uh, we're professional now? News to me! :D We still have a lot of fun. I wouldn't be waking up at 0600 on Sunday mornings if playing with these guys was a bore or too draconian. We have taken a more milsim route (I would classify it as pretty relaxed milsim), but this was a decision made by the group as a whole, not one person. We had several sessions where we hashed out the style of play we were looking for. Even a lot of the mods we use have been recommended by different members of the group, and they aren't uncommon mods either. Sure, there might be a small time investment to get them installed, but there are ample guides out there and we're willing to help! Double has put in a lot of time and effort into making the FGM Arma group what it is, and he's done a damn fine job. This is, imo, the best group of guys to play Arma with!

Oh Im not dissing the ARMA group at all simply stating the hassle of setting everything up put 'me' off because I always seemed to find myself a step or two behind you guys. Last time I played I had to have Ithikial run beside me telling me what you lot were saying because my radio wasnt working... that was the worst game of ARMA I have ever played. I just felt ostracised and a burden. But Im glad you guys are having fun... I know some folk out there arent into the TeamSpeak, Task Force Radio, multiple mod set up running here and Im saying I would gladly play a game with them.

@Dutch Grenadier

I can try to get on TS about an hour early this Sunday to help with your last minute stuff if you would like.

I can understand Bootie's position on the mods but once you get over the learning curve you will begin to experience ARMA to the fullest. Starting here with the FGM game is really the way to go. I play in three groups and have over 1200hrs logged into ARMA and can tell you that DoubleD runs some of the best missions I've seen so far.

Last edited:
I just felt ostracised and a burden.

I'm giving you a hug Bootie.... ;)

The faff with TFAR is putting the team speak addons into the correct TS folder and activating them, but it's a one off activity. Using the Youtube instructional videos I actually found this easier than setting up dropbox and H2H for Combat Mission. Key binding for TS is in the TS settings, and turning off the ARMA push to talk buttons can be done quickly in game, config -> MP settings -> push to talk -> delete. I'm happy to setup a quick practice session if I'm around before hand, if I know people will show up. It is sometimes frustrating to make the effort but no one turns up, but various other people also put the offer out there to help others so there will be someone to help.

Getting used to using 'tab' to have a proximity chat vs. caps lock for infantry radio just takes a couple of uses to go from unconsciously incompetent to consciously competent.

For mods, keeping up to date can be tiresome but the issue is that the vanilla ARMA has a limited life span. For regular play there is only so many times you can run around Altis saving the Greeks from Eastern villains. It is also very difficult to sustain immersion over several campaigns. I try and keep a stable mod list, with the occasional map change as we progress through a campaign. Playwithsix helps with keeping stuff up to date, but it is buggy which can be frustrating. One just has to allow plenty of time to update, but one can set it off, check it's started and then go away and its self sufficient. What I find with ARMA setup is give yourself don't rush it

If I wave free beer and bacon in front of you Bootie, can we tempt you back for another try? :cheers: :uzi:

Edit... and thank you Rambler for the positive words, much appreciated.

I know some folk out there arent into the TeamSpeak, Task Force Radio, multiple mod set up running here and Im saying I would gladly play a game with them.

Honestly the radio is probably the easiest bit once you set it up. Essentially you push the Caps Lock to talk and that's it if you are a regular grunt. AGM and the suppression mod is the one you've got to get used to. For proof look at the signature block. :)

@Dutch Grenadier

I can try to get on TS about an hour early this Sunday to help with your last minute stuff if you would like.

I can understand Bootie's position on the mods but once you get over the learning curve you will begin to experience ARMA to the fullest. Starting here with the FGM game is really the way to go. I play in three groups and have over 1200hrs logged into ARMA and can tell you that DoubleD runs some of the best missions I've seen so far.

I'm working this weekend :( I hope to join you guys soon. I would really love to experience the Band of Brothers :D

Sunday the 12th the misses is away so I'm home with the kids. I have time to finnaly play with you guys.
But I need some things to be handeld before then. Can someone help me out this week?

Apologies Dutch, busy week. What is it you need help with?

Key bindings, setup Teamspeak and how all the fancy mods work you guys use. (I have downloaded and installed them all)

Back