Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Private Karl-Heinz Rosch - Wehrmacht, Oct. 6, 1944.

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
Known as the "Hero with no Glory", Karl-Heinz Rosch (born Oct. 3, 1926 in Meissen, Germany) saved the lives of 2 little Dutch children, Jan and Toos Kilsdonk, by bringing them to safety just before an allied bombardment.

AAE-24.jpg

While running back to his fellow soldiers he was hit an died instantly. There is a small statue erected in honor of Rosch in a front garden in Goirle. It´s the only statue for a WW2 german soldier in Europe, maybe even in the whole world.-

AAC-46.jpg

Thank You, Louis for sharing that with us! It´s refreshing to see at least on one place in Europe are people who can discern between evil and good without to make a difference by nation or war parties.

Greetings

It is indeed a very nice story and I never heard of it. I was born not that far from Goirle.
This kid problably never knew about the crimes some German units commited. I know for sure that not all German soldiers were bad. Only most of the SS units and special units. The rest, normal Heer units, were just like every other soldier in this war. Normal! And we most not forget the warcrimes the Allied soldiers commited.

Already did Louis but thank you. I wiki him and read the Dutch version of the story.

Back