Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Sale on Command Ops 2 modules

I can't get the free CO2 engine to play on my Windows10 gaming PC. The 'exe' fails to start the game and produces an error message. Never received any responses to requests for help several months ago. Can anyone suggest a remedy? Would like to get this working and obtain take advantage of the sale. Thank you.

Have you checked the forum: http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/forums/command-ops-series.28/ ?
IIRC some have had issues related to monitors with very high resolution and exe not launching properly. Hope there is a fix.
I also know the devs have had some RL-issues that might cause the non response.
I run it on a Win10 MSI gaming laptop so you should also be able to I guess.

@rocketman, I run a MSI laptop as well but it is connected to a 26" monitor. I never considered testing with the monitor disconnected! I sympathize with the developers' RL issues. I won't get home until Christmas to test this solution.

@Pekische, Glad to hear it. I'll have to figure this out as isolated to my system sometime next week.

Thank you both for your responses.

@Badger73 : Check if your MSI came with the sound program Nahimic. If it does, try running CO2 with it disabled. It blocks all CM exe to load for me. Otherwise, in the autostart turn off all apps that are not absolutely necessary. I suspect that niche games from small devs sometimes conflict with apps/processes.

@Badger73 : Check if your MSI came with the sound program Nahimic. If it does, try running CO2 with it disabled. It blocks all CM exe to load for me. Otherwise, in the autostart turn off all apps that are not absolutely necessary. I suspect that niche games from small devs sometimes conflict with apps/processes.

This is good to know. I will check that as well. Thank you!

Ended three (3) "Nahimic" processes. CO2 started fine after that. I'll have to explore the game more later. Thank you for the help, @rocketman! (By the way, what does Nahimic do? :kilroy:)

Ended three (3) "Nahimic" processes. CO2 started fine after that. I'll have to explore the game more later. Thank you for the help, @rocketman! (By the way, what does Nahimic do? :kilroy:)
Glad it worked :)
Depending on your sound set-up, but Nahimic provides settings for base, treble, voice clarity etc along with an equalizer if you hook up through analogue output. I have external speakers and hook up through digital so it doesn't matter. You can turn off Nahimic completely but starting the task manager and go to the "autostart" tab and put Nahimic on "inactive". That way you don't have to disable it manually all the time.

Anyone got an idea when this title might hit Steam? Saw it has been green lighted and I am interested, wondering if the developer has "let slip" when it might be on Steam....

I found an excellent series of vids for players who know the basics of the game but want to take it up a notch. It is a six episode series of "The Road to Bastonge" and the first two episodes are great for getting to know key features. The narrator can be fairly quick at times but he does a good job of describing his strategic and tactical ideas as well as how the game works.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtGivW8rd_Fmpyz_xv6ZK7NgaQCl1Elwl

GAme is available on Steam. Game engine is free, all DLC is on sale totaling 175 dollars and change. All volumes appear to be Poland, West Front and Med theaters. I think I'll try the free stuff before I commit.

Back