Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Korean War 1950-1953

Respect Steve! And what a nice love story of how your parents met.

I was once asked by a Korean War Vet (Army) how it was that we Vietnam Vets could talk about the war so easily. He said he had great difficulty sharing his experiences. He felt like it wasn't right for him to share them as easily as the Vietnam Vets did. I can only say that I grew up in a different generation. As a child of the 60's, openness was valued and appreciated. And hiding the horrors of war, only perpetuated it's existence. I know very few Vets who think that war is a good way to resolve problems.
As for getting smacked, well he did say "No", to question further was breaking an unwritten rule that my Father also practiced, his word was law and one is not allowed to question it.

The slap was a helpless reaction. It looks like a "strong" action from an authority person but in reality it's the opposite.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< DELETED THE REST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<< INAPPROPRIATE ANSWER FOR PUBLIC INTERNET >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The slap was a helpless reaction. It looks like a "strong" action from an authority person but in reality it's the opposite......

Holy Shit Shorker, are you a psychiatrist?

Actually, it went something more like this. Smack! "Boy, watch your mouth. Now let's fish." And that day I caught my first Rainbow trout on the Beaverkill in NY. And my dad took a picture and we had a great time. And when he told me to do something in the future I didn't. I was being a smartass and had it coming. I remember the day for the fish first.

But thank you for your comments and evaluation.

---Note to self---- Don't share family stories......

Reminding fellow troops why head protection is vital in the combat zone. According to the lower right corner of this sign, this unfortunate soldier belonged to Dog Company.
KQHfxoU.jpg

Back