Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

517 HP VW Beetle

Having owned two 1970s VW Beetles, I love everything about this video. Especially love the fact he lets her drive it, even though it's quite obvious he's scared for his life (and rightly so, he looks scared even when he is driving it).

Early '60's the Amsterdam Police drove beetles with a Porsche Engine. Their Phone No was 88888

I was mildly into the "beetle scene" for a while. Even today, I think, you can purchase new, tuned, VW engines (air cooled) with over 2100cc of displacement, dual carbs, etc.

The last Beetle I owned was a 1970, nicely restored, with a brand new 1600cc engine. I did some work on it myself, such as replacing the fuel tank with a new stainless steel unit, installing a new distributer with electronic ignition, etc. Fairly basic stuff, but I enjoyed working on it. I changed the oil myself, plugs & points, etc. It was fun wrenching on it. Wish I hadn't sold it. :-(

Last edited:
So can it beat one of those high-end Chargers?

What is your definition of "beat"? I'm no race car expert, but I'll hazard a guess that the only competition this 500HP Beetle might offer a modern high end Dodge Charger, is perhaps in a 1/4 mile straight drag race? The whole point of this Beetle is, people will look at it and say, "oh, how cute", then it blows their doors off. ;-)

Back