64 bit?

• Thread starter Christian Soldier
  • Start date
C

Christian Soldier

This may have been asked before but I cannot get the search to work for me.

Will all three CM games work on a 64 bit operating system?

I don't think there's any inherant problem with 64 bit systems, or even Vista/7, most problems that people have reported with CM have been due to graphics card/direct x problems, unfortunately it might be a bit hit and miss. You should at least be able to get the games to work but you may lose some performance, such as fog

I don't think there's any inherant problem with 64 bit systems, or even Vista/7, most problems that people have reported with CM have been due to graphics card/direct x problems, unfortunately it might be a bit hit and miss. You should at least be able to get the games to work but you may lose some performance, such as fog

Thanks Jonny. I can live without fog...I always have. The computer I play on now is one that I built back in 1999 with 500 mhz cpu. CMBB and CMAK run very slow so I have to leave all the effects off just to be able to play. I also have to stick to small to medium maps because of the slowness. I have been dreaming of a new machine for a long time. I am gettting an i7 procossor, 8 gb of ram and windows 7 professional (so I can switch to xp if needed).

Back
Top Bottom