9 Things I Hate About Everyone

J

Johnsy

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time.... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2 People who are willing to get off their arse to search the entire room for the T.V... remote because they refuse to walk to the T..V. and change the channel manually.

3 When people say 'Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too'. Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4 When people say 'it's always the last place you look'. Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they? Gonna Kick their a*ses!

5 When people say while watching a film 'did you see that?'. No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

6 People who ask 'Can I ask you a question?'.... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, and it couldn't been new.

8 When people say 'life is short'.. What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9 When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks 'Has the bus come yet?'. If the bus came would I be standing here, dumba*se?

I have to admit that, while some points are indeed good ones, most of them are just stupid to complain about. And whoever wrote that: it's not half as funny as that person might think. And had that respective person thought a bit about semiosis (or, more banally speaking: WHAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY MEAN WHEN THEY SAY SOMETHING), he wouldn't have had so much to complain.

..It's not half as funny as that person might think..

Hey Earl, as a German can you tell us some jokes, or people might think Germans don't have a sense of humour, perish the thought..:)
And tell us about German TV entertainment, who are your top comedians and what TV shows are popular with the German people, for example do they watch soaps?
Incidentally, are war films shown in Germany, and what do the German people think of them (Bridge at Remagen, Stranger at the Gates, Band of Brothers, Battle of the Bulge, The Longest Day etc)
I once asked that question in the German Wargames Player Club forum, but they said "Sorry, we're not allowed to discuss the Third Reich era"

PS- Hey what about other FGM members in foreign countries, tell us what sort of TV shows and films your people like..:)
(For example we've got a member in Japan, I wonder how popular the film 'Bridge on the River Kwai' is there?
And how do our Greek members regard the film 'Alexander'? Personally I think having a nancy-boy with an Irish accent in the title role was bad casting..;)

Hey Earl, as a German can you tell us some jokes, or people might think Germans don't have a sense of humour, perish the thought..:)

Admitted, at the moment I'm in a very serious mood. But haven't I already posted a few jokes and assorted humorous stuff? I think we should have a dedicated humor section so the stuff of people like me only posting them once in a while doesn't get lost because there are so many new threads in teh General Chat section...

And tell us about German TV entertainment, who are your top comedians and what TV shows are popular with the German people, for example do they watch soaps?

Now that i wouldn't know because I neither watch TV nor am I wired up for it. But i can tell you that things like soaps, talk shows and so-called 'reality shows' ("Big Brother" is one of them) are VERY popular.

Incidentally, are war films shown in Germany, and what do the German people think of them (Bridge at Remagen, Stranger at the Gates, Band of Brothers, Battle of the Bulge, The Longest Day etc)

About 10-15 years ago war movies were shown all the time and I still think they're on from time to time but since I'm not really into watching TV that is actually difficult to tell. What is true, though, is that everything related to the Third Reich is something of a VERY hot potato over here - you have to watch very closely what you say and what you post on the internet or in other public media. In general, I think there's not much interest in such films or the general topic and neither do we have as many wargamers (or reenactors) as you do.

Back
Top Bottom