A few mod ideas I hope to see...and some recommendations

E

enven

Hey guys...I've been trying to find some mods...Sounds, perhaps some new interface/gui stuff...

Here is what I am looking for, and if you've used it or know of...it'd be greatly appreciated:

Mods:::

1. Shrinking the GUI to save some real-estate. - The damn Control panel on the bottom takes up over a quarter of the screen.
2. Armor characteristics/details of troupes etc... It feels a tad sparse on the characteristics of your armor, i.e. front/rear/sides/slope etc..Kinda lame.
3. Sound mod...Any sound mods worth a damn that aren't too obnoxious...yet improve the immersion of the game?
4. The game needs to fix the f'ing QB random stuff...I hope they fix that soon lol.

Let me see... 1 - can't be done. 2 - can't be done. 3 - can be done, but that depends on taste and is insanely difficult to et right. Always best to do it yourself. 4 - can't be done.

Three of the four things you want can only be done by Charles through code changes and can not be modded. Sad, but true. We'll have to wait for further Ui changs and improvements. But what is wrong with the QB stuff if I may ask?

Marco Bergman's 'Alternate Vehicle and Weapon Silhouettes' mod package looks interesting, lots of styles to choose from-

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1084

silhouettes.gif

cmbndata.gif

But what is wrong with the QB stuff if I may ask?
I can't speak for the OP, but in the couple of QB games I've played the force selection has been pretty strange. I'm currently playing a QB against a buddy and we both got half a dozen halftracks (I got one armored car), a handful of mortars, and a few squads of Pioneers/Engineers. I didn't get a single rifle squad! Mortars are nice and all, but it's awful hard to take and hold ground when you only have a couple squads of 8 men. And to make matters worse, the Germans have halftracks with 75mm guns on them. Without rifle squads I've got no trained anti-tank men. I've tried having my Pioneers acquire bazookas from my halftracks, but they can't hit the broad side of a barn. One guy took a shot from hundreds of meters away (missed, of course). Another guy had a perfect side shot from ~50 meters away and missed. He was mowed down by machinegun fire about 10 seconds later.

Yes, the auto selection feature still needs some finetuning. Best idea currently is to either do manual force selection or go with the force pick suggestion and adjust that one to your liking and the battle.

Back
Top Bottom