Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

A few tips for using the Javelin

eniced73

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted this over at BF after I seen someone had a question on using the Javelin. I started playing around in the scenario editor to verify my points below. You guys probably know these points but for a new player these things are not stated in the manual I believe. The multiple targeting of the javelin team was one point that I did not know about even after playing since the game came out.

Two things that you should know.
1. If you have a javelin team carrying a CLU and they run out of ammo you can resupply them with more missles. The team supplying them must be in the same platoon though. Cross platoons are stingy with their ammo and do not give them up.
2. You can place a two man team on top of an eight story building carrying 2 javelins. When they run out, just move other teams in their platoon onto the bottom floor. They will underhand chuck missles eight stories into the air to resupply the team on the roof. They must not like to hike stairs.
3. I actually did not know about this but sort of discovered it testing the above two points. If you place a target with the two man javelin team and wait until the CLU operator goes to 'spotting' or 'targeting' you can then place another target line that will branch off of the original. So after he fires the first missle at target number one he will automatically switch targets and acquire the second. You can also use this to place covering fire for your CLU operator. Place the first target for your CLU operator and then place a second target that is close by and the second man on that team will place covering fire with his automatic weapon while the Javelin operator is acquiring his target. I never knew about this feature and have to admit it is pretty slick.

That targetting aspect is interesting - good to know! Although I'm usually having bad luck with my Javelins, at least if used against infantry...:eek:hwell:

Number 3 is great, I never knew that... thank you mucho for sharing...

Back