A night with Elvis

Last night we went to a Elvis get together type concert, and was that brilliant, dancing allowed, managed to glide into bed at 2am, my Brothers lad just can't resist getting up and doing is bit, mind you he is bloody good, picture of him and Elvis

100_0313.jpg

Im only 90 minutes from Graceland...and have no desire to go there!

My father is a HUGE Elvis fan and played his music constantly. For me, his music brings back fond memories of my childhood.

Yeh my mother was a big fan, I know almost all the songs by heart...damn brainwashing.

Elvis was at his best during his early wild days, then was drafted into the US Army. John Lennon said "the Army finished Elvis" but I don't think it's as simple as that. My guess is that his manager Col. Tom Parker sat down to have a fatherly talk with him after he got out and said something like "you've got to clean up your act boy and appeal to a wider audience by doing some soppy sentimental songs and being nice and polite, then you won't upset the establishment and they'll put you in movies and give you regular concert bookings and you'll make a million!"
And that's how it went. In my opinion Elvis was finished as a rock 'n roller by 1960 and everything he did after that was just sugary-sweet stuff without any fizz.

Back
Top Bottom