A week without New Members

I'm wondering, though, how many actually stay... and yet another question is how many of those staying are actually posting and/or contributing to our cause. I know I'm fairly new 'round here myself (considering how long the club has been in existence already) but I try to give something back so to speak. :)

You know it does make a change to have no new Members...

The word must have gone out that we don't want passengers cluttering the place up, so some people are scared of joining because they know Bootie'll kick them out if they don't take an active part in the club by at least posting something once in a while to let us know if they're alive.
The clue is in the title-"The Few Good Men", we're an elite high-quality unit and our message is simple- "shape up or ship out"..:)

We have a core group of 40 or so guys that visit daily. Another 30 that visit every few days and then the rest as and when they could be arsed. :)

Im pretty ruthless when it comes to trimming the membership. I have a filter set up that bins anyone who hasnt logged on in the previous 90 days. Its harsh but Ive seen the club grow fast in the past with members who ... well... were not really members.

Sometimes we get a diamond in the rough.... Johnsy for example.... probably never heard of us before but stumbled in here and is a good contributing member. Thats all we ask.

When it coems down to it our club name says it all - rather have only a few members that are active every day than hundreds upon hudnreds only visiting once every few days and not bothering taking part at all.

Im happy with the activity of this club. IMO we put bigger clubs to shame with our inter activity and gaming levels. Punching above our weight.... maintaining it is the big task but I dont think we have a problem on the horizon.

Sometimes we get a diamond in the rough.... Johnsy for example.... probably never heard of us before but stumbled in here and is a good contributing member. Thats all we ask.

Jonny actually got me to come here. I started playing CMSF against him at "The Blitz". He got me to come over here, and then to buy and play CMAK and CMBB. You can blame him, for you having to put up with me, and my weird sense of humour. I've hardly been back to the blitz since, or played CMSF. I can't get enough of CMAK or CMBB now, and really enjoy being part of the FGM club, but I don't know if Booties' having a go at me, or being nice with the "diamond in the rough" description. I hope I haven't overstepped the mark or offended anyone with my posts:pray:. Just let me know and I'll be even fussier with what I do and don't post.

I'm sure it was said as a good thing, but I'm told(by my wife) I have a strange sense of humour, that a lot of people don't understand, so I'm asking just to be sure. Us Aussies are a weird mob:madgrin:

Back
Top Bottom