Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Amazon Delivery

Cracks me up!
In the last 6 months or so delivery guys have a tendency to neither knock nor ring the doorbell when they are dropping of a package. :rolleyes:
I guess it's faster (sorta) but still a little irritating. Apparently Amazon must be aware of this because they've come up with a system to let me know my stuff has arrived.
"Well, mTk, what do they do?"
"Good question. Glad you asked."
What they (usually) do now is the delivery guy takes a picture of the package he dropped off at my door and Amazon now sends me an email w/the picture to remind me
my item has arrived! OMG How over the top use of tech it that? :D I would think that would be difficult to synchronize, but obviously not. I mean it's a great idea as it is proof
Amazon completed their part of the deal so their lying customers can't claim they never got their order.
Bet it saves them a lot of $ now.
Made me :love: the first time it happened.

Cracks me up!
In the last 6 months or so delivery guys have a tendency to neither knock nor ring the doorbell when they are dropping of a package. :rolleyes:
I guess it's faster (sorta) but still a little irritating. Apparently Amazon must be aware of this because they've come up with a system to let me know my stuff has arrived.
"Well, mTk, what do they do?"
"Good question. Glad you asked."
What they (usually) do now is the delivery guy takes a picture of the package he dropped off at my door and Amazon now sends me an email w/the picture to remind me
my item has arrived! OMG How over the top use of tech it that? :D I would think that would be difficult to synchronize, but obviously not. I mean it's a great idea as it is proof
Amazon completed their part of the deal so their lying customers can't claim they never got their order.
Bet it saves them a lot of $ now.
Made me :love: the first time it happened.
I think they should still ring the bell... or knock, supposing your not in, just popped out

Here in Oz, those 'package at the door' photos are frequently pictured at the wrong door. With resulting posts on community/local FB pages "Does anyone recognize this door? Because that's my package, but it ain't my door!!"

That's happened to me twice. Even if delivered to the wrong address it still very helpful to know and subsequent action can be taken as needed.
For me it was easy. They dropped it off at my next door neighbor's house and I recognized his door.
So I walked over and committed some "porch pirating" and got my stuff.
Fortunately, no one called law enforcement on me.
Yet.

So in the time it takes to take a picture and email it they could have pushed a doorbell and knock. So they've traded one task for another so they can CTA.

In my area, Amazon got off to a very rocky start. Lots of mistakes. Weird mistakes, like going into my backyard and leaving a package there once.

Now they are better than UPS, FedEx or the US Postal Service. Faster and more reliable with better communication. Good return policies too.

I find their return policy extraordinary. If you haven't tampered with the product you don't really need a reason to return it w/i the allotted time period.
Now, they will send me a "return code." I print it out and take the item to my local UPS store. I give them the code, and item, and leave. As soon as the code is
processed the refund has been deposited.
That's pretty efficient.
I've been seeing a lot more Amazon delivery vehicles in the neighborhood so they're ramping up their own delivery system as well.
Amazon also has Chase Bank credit cards. Since I do soo much shopping on line I got one. It provides for an automatic 5% discount on all Amazon purchases (and
smaller discounts on all other purchases). The amount of savings goes into your account and as the saving accrues you can apply it to any future purchases. It's very
transparent, is straightforward, and works as intended. Every once in a while I'll order something and end up getting it for free.
Sure, Amazon is not perfect but it's close and I'm a fan. I bet half my purchases reach my front door in one day. Incredible. (y)

I find their return policy extraordinary. If you haven't tampered with the product you don't really need a reason to return it w/i the allotted time period.
Now, they will send me a "return code." I print it out and take the item to my local UPS store. I give them the code, and item, and leave. As soon as the code is
processed the refund has been deposited.
That's pretty efficient.
I've been seeing a lot more Amazon delivery vehicles in the neighborhood so they're ramping up their own delivery system as well.
Amazon also has Chase Bank credit cards. Since I do soo much shopping on line I got one. It provides for an automatic 5% discount on all Amazon purchases (and
smaller discounts on all other purchases). The amount of savings goes into your account and as the saving accrues you can apply it to any future purchases. It's very
transparent, is straightforward, and works as intended. Every once in a while I'll order something and end up getting it for free.
Sure, Amazon is not perfect but it's close and I'm a fan. I bet half my purchases reach my front door in one day. Incredible. (y)
We have a new trend here even. Retruning without a reason is standard (it's actually a requirement by law), but sometimes you get your money back without even returning it. Reason is that returning the item is sometimes more expensive then just returning the money. I had it once with a phone sleeve. Ordered the wrong one, and asked for a return. Then to my surprise they just returned the money and told me to keep the sleeve.

It is actually much easier to achieve then most people realize. As a management consultant for big companies, I see a lot of "good" and "bad" companies on the inside. The difference is often much more related to (WW2) army doctrines then you would expect. How clear are the objectives and rules you have to play by, while at the same time, how much autonomy to do "right" do employees have? What is the top goal? Making money? Customer satisfaction? And I do not mean the real goal, the goal employees are made accountable for on a day by day basis, not the fancy paragraph sent out each year on the comany's "mission and vision".

Look at today's US army for example. For me a good example of having much of the "right" maangement styles. They admittedly have some problems too, far from perfect, but all in all they have clear rules/regulations, they have a very clear doctrine, very good training and procedures, they do not skimp on the right tools to get the job done and yet they have a lot of autonomy all the way down in the hierarchy, where theory and practice meet on, in this case, the battlefield. For a company like Amazon the "battlefield" is, amongst other places, the customer service department.

Reactions: mTk
Back