Ammo aquire

D

Dutch Grenadier

How can units aquire ammo? For instance I'm playtesting a map for Fredrocker and my mortars are out
of ammo. I have 1 jeep with mortar ammo but I cant get to it. Even the ammo bearers cant give it.

Same goes for QB battle's. I cant aquire ammo from any ammo bearer team.

I had my ammo bearers get into the jeep then the "acquire" button lights up.

Postion your ammo carriers next to the mortar or at gun and you see a mark increase in ammo.
Also at the set up mode of any CMBN you can change the amount and type of ammo some units carry.

one thing that is a pain in my battle , two out of three 60mm mortars have been knocked out but the crew still have 40+ rounds of HE left . But even standing the crews next to the mortar still working they woint give up their ammo :-(

I had my ammo bearers get into the jeep then the "acquire" button lights up.
As noted, you must get IN the vehicle to acquire ammo from it. In addition, the vehicle cannot be destroyed, nor can it be immobile. You can technically get into an immobile vehicle, but the TacAI will make the soldiers get right back out. In WeGo it's pretty much impossible to time it so that your men are in the vehicle at the end of the turn so you can acquire the following turn.

BFC really needs to change this so that you can acquire items from outside a vehicle, as long as you're in an adjoining square. But I think pigs will fly before that happens.

one thing that is a pain in my battle , two out of three 60mm mortars have been knocked out but the crew still have 40+ rounds of HE left . But even standing the crews next to the mortar still working they woint give up their ammo :-(

I am pretty sure that a dedicated ammo crew will share its payload with its mortar team BUT if you are trying to use ammo from a different team that got knocked off their gun that will not happen. They will stand there with all that ammo but a too stingy to share with their buddies. I am playing a scenario now with 88's that refuse to share ammo amongst different teams.

This was something that was bought up when we were still beta testing. They don't hand over all of the ammo in one hit, they give it to them 1 round at a time as they need it, meaning that you have to keep them close at all time if you want them to share their ammo. It is to stop problems with ammo sharing when 2 infantry platoons are next to each other. We tried to get BF to just change it for mortars, but the work wasn't worth the gain.

Back
Top Bottom