Aquire weapons

D

Dutch Grenadier

Can you aquire weapons from fallen comrades? Like panzerfausts and panzerschrecks?

Just send your men on the same action spot as the fallen comrades and let them do their buddy aid thing. During buddy aid they strip their comrades off usefull weapons. Takes some time. But especially for valuable assets as fausts very usefull.

Thanks! I need some fausts in some battle's but the soldiers carrying them got killed. What if those soldiers are dead for awhile? Do they still aquire usefull stuff?

I think as long as the corpses are lying around you can pillage their weapons. But there seems to be problems with acauiring ununsed ammo as fas as I know....

And how does it work? Do I just place soldiers near the bodies? And do they have to be from the same squad or can it be any soldier?

I took this excerpt from a thread in the Battlferont forum:
"Any unit on foot can administer Buddy Aid to any friendly casualty on the ground or in a building (even if not from the same squad). In order to perform Buddy Aid, the unit simply has to be in the same action square as the casualty. The player does not issue an order to initiate Buddy Aid - it simply happens. When a unit administers Buddy Aid, it *may* pick up some ammo from the casualty, and it might also swap its own weapon for the casualty's weapon, especially if the casualty's weapon is "better" (it's especially likely that squad automatic weapons like BARs, Brens, and MG42s will be picked up this way). There is no player control over what is picked up via Buddy Aid -- the player does not use the "Acquire" command or anything like this. The game's soldier AI routines decide what is or is not taken from the casualty."

I huge scenario I am playtesting right now I had to get Shrecks or Fausts from fallen comrades all the time and it worked well....

Well I hope this works. I really need those schrecks and fausts

I have a question, kind of the same topic, if you have an ATG team bail out on thier cannon, how come they will not reman the weapon afterwards? You can do this with tank crews, why not ATGs?

I dont know where I've seen the rules about this but once AT gun crew abbandon their gun they destroy the gun. This was done in real war time.

That makes sense.
The reason I had them abandon the gun was that my oppenent snuck a small squad on its flank. The gun wasnt in any real danger, I just didnt want the crew getting picked off before its security squad eliminated the threat.

Back
Top Bottom