ArmA 3 session on Sunday October 27th - 12:00 GMT / 13:00 CET / 14:00 EET

Redbully

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Broken Dawn - Cut The Cord
107410_20241025024126_1.png
(Chernarus, ~1991)

Note: This scenario is a concept test, to see if the setting works.

Background
In this timeline, the Cold War's simmering tensions erupted into a nuclear conflict in 1989, but a full-scale apocalypse was narrowly avoided. A limited nuclear exchange between NATO and the Warsaw Pact left vast parts of Europe devastated, with much of Germany, Poland, France, and other central European countries contaminated by radiation. The initial conflict centered around the Fulda Gap scenario, where NATO and Warsaw Pact forces clashed. However, with entire army groups obliterated and the devastation of Europe looming, the United States and the USSR struck a desperate backroom deal: no more nuclear weapons would be deployed, and the conflict would be restricted to conventional means. Both superpowers agreed to contain the war, limiting further global escalation.

With the large-scale destruction of military infrastructure and irradiated battlefields, warfare has devolved into smaller skirmishes between scattered elements of NATO and Warsaw Pact forces. Major military formations have been shattered, and combat is now concentrated in less-contaminated regions.

Current State of the War
With Europe in ruins and traditional armies shattered, the war has shifted to smaller, decentralized skirmishes between NATO and Warsaw Pact forces. Major battles are a thing of the past, replaced by guerrilla-style warfare and independent operations. With supply chains crumbling, heavy weapons and advanced technology remain, but ammunition and fuel are in critically short supply. Command structures are looser, and battalions must fend for themselves between resupply missions, scavenging or trading for what little they can find. Units are often responsible for vast areas, making it difficult to defend or control territory.

Mission
Situation

Ah, Vadim, come on inside, we have a problem.

Those damn army bastards have tightened their grip on the safe routes, throwing up a military cordon that's choking off our smuggling operations. The roads we rely on to get our goods in and out of Chernarus are blocked, and every day that passes, we're losing more profits. On top of that, the Americans are nosing around the coast, which means our sea routes could be next. We can’t afford to let them box us in.

Mission
We need to open up those routes and show both the Soviets and the Americans who really runs these roads. The task is simple: smash through the army cordon and reestablish control of the smuggling lanes. Make it clear to any army patrols that we won't tolerate interference. Meanwhile, keep your eyes on the coast – if any American forces get too curious, deal with them, but make sure to keep it quiet. We don't want to escalate things with them just yet.

Vadim, take some guys and deal with this problem. And next time, wipe your god damn shoes before entering, блять.

Objectives

1. Break the Cordon: Find and destroy key Soviet checkpoints along the smuggling route. Their patrols must be neutralized, and the roads secured for our operations.
2. Recon the Coast: Identify any Soviet or American forces near the coastal areas and assess the threat. Eliminate them if they pose a danger to our sea-based routes, but avoid making too much noise – we want the Americans distracted, not pissed off.
3. Reinforce Control: Once the Soviets are dealt with, set up your own checkpoints and ensure the roads stay clear. We need a smooth flow of goods in and out of the region without interference.
4. Capture shipping manifest: Locals have reported increased cargo traffic in the area. See if you are able to locate and secure a shipping manifest. We need to assess whether these shipments are valuable enough to target for future ambushes.

Enemy Forces
Expect light-to-medium Soviet forces at the checkpoints, likely including infantry and a few vehicles. They’re dug in and won’t be easy to move. American forces along the coast are still an unknown, but they're likely conducting recon or establishing forward positions. They’ll be well-equipped but might not be expecting resistance from local forces.

Friendly Forces
You’ll have access to our best scavenged weapons that we’ve managed to maintain. Ammunition is tight, so make every shot count. A few of our scouts are out in the area and will provide intel as you move in.

Last edited:
This is a very condensed version of the setting. If anyone is interested in reading the entire setting document give me a shout.
As mentioned this mission is sort of a test. Radiation will play a role, but for this mission it's a bit rudimentary. I will probably need to refine it quite a bit for later use.
Nobody will ever guess what inspired this mission.

Also the modlist is updated, nothing big. I will post the updated version when I'm certain it's finalized, likely Friday or Saturday. The mission will be a bit shorter than usual as i got a family gathering i need to attend to.

Last edited:
I wanna know what your inspiration source is! :unsure:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I always wanted to play that game. Bought the rule book and the compendiums when I was a teenager, but none of my mates wanted to play.
That actually looks like a pretty cool tabletop rpg, but i doubt i can convince my group to play it.

Back
Top Bottom