Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 session Sunday 11th December - 11:00 GMT / 12:00 CET

Redbully

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
We will be playing another session of hearts and minds.

Backstory
We are an Hellenic country recovering from a civil war. We are fighting a foreign backed insurgency on some of our islands, we are supplied by mostly old European arms.

Situation
We have rooted out and cleared two enemy hideouts and one cache. Due to a mix of negligence, accidents and Arma we have a bad standing with the locals which we will need to fix. The mission will not be deemed successful if our reputation isn't positive. We still need to control the island and avoid another insurgency when we are done.

If we end this mission at the lowest reputation level we will face harder restrictions in the use of IFV's and Helicopters. If we still fail next session high command will replace us with another unit and we are sent on border guard duty.

Equipment requests
Some have requested different equipment than what we have in the field. We are mostly using our standard service rifle, the G3, but there are other rifles that could be provided from other branches/units. Limited supply of the following rifles can be acquired:
G36 (very limited)
FN FAL
M1 Garand
M4 Carbine (limited)
M16A2/A3 (limited)
FN Minimi 7.62 (limited) - Will be replaced with 5.56 if i can't find a 7.62 version.
HK UMP
FN P90 (very limited)

Please make a request for any equipment ahead of the mission.
(The amount of weapons will be limited, so if you wish to blow the capacity on FN Fals and M1 garands be my guest :rolleyes:)

Vehicle Requests
High Command is troubled by our civilian reputation and collateral damage, and will not provide any vehicle with a cannon. Any vehicle requests can only consist of lightly armed APC's until we have a positive reputation with the locals. Remember we are fighting an insurgency (supported by the locals), not a war.

What is available:
Offroads (including armed ones)
HMMWV (M240, M2)
M113
MT-LB
M1117
Nemmera Combat Engineering vehicle - Does not fit the setting, but no alternative available.
Trucks

What is not currently available:
BMP-1
M60A1/A3
HMMWV (MK 19)
I would add the Marder 1 and Leopard 1 if GM was enabled.

Modlist can be found here
(Note: Modlist will be updated after this mission or next mission)

Server IP: 51.195.39.225
Server Port: 2672
Password: FBM
TS address: srv32.ts3.hu:4000

Last edited:
Directive from AAF High Command
Usage of heavy calibers in built up areas is banned during coin and peacekeeping operations.
The rule applies to any calliber above 12.7mm, (including 12.7mm rotary guns) Exceptions to this are the following:
  • A town or village where leaflets have been dropped telling the civilians to seek cover.
  • A town or village where there is a confirmed rebel hideout. (Collateral damage should still be avoided where possible)
  • Man portable rocket systems and single fire 40mm grenades. (Crew served weapons are not an exception)
Execution of enemy combatants is also banned. You are not required to give immediate medical aid if the situation does not permit doing so, but zip-ties or handcuffs should be used over bullets. prisoners and informants are important to the COIN effort. This is only in effect if the ground forces are not in immediate danger, and is relaxed at range where assessment is hard or capture is unlikely.
(If you are close enough to put the tip of your rifle at the combatants head you are close enough to zip-tie.)

This directive will be in place until we are not actively hated by the civilian population, any gross violations of the directive will lead to further restrictions such as no IFV's or Helicopters.
(Hint: Either offset collateral damage with humanitarian aid and patrols, or use the damn drones to drop leaflets telling the civilians to evacuate.)

I'll try and join, it's pretty cold here this weekend so my dog walking and outside chores are gonna be limited, giving me a bit more time.

I'd like to requisition a FN FAL 50.61 Para, would prefer an RIS version with an LDS, SU-230 or XPS sight if not too costly on the requisition sheet.

I've been swatting up on my old Haynes manuals so I'm comfortable to act as the team's engineer and operate the drones to scare warn the locals of impending doom salvation.

Hopefully we won't leave too many vehicle wrecks around this time o_O

I'd like to requisition a FN FAL 50.61 Para, would prefer an RIS version with an LDS, SU-230 or XPS sight if not too costly on the requisition sheet.
I have mostly based the equipment on the Hellenic Armed Forces in the early 2000s with a bit of an ArmA verse spin. FN Fals would mostly be old surplus, but adding a few with rails is doable for the marksman. I am not sure about what version they used, but i don't think it was the para one. The LDS, SU-230 and XPS seem to be too modern for the setting, i could consider the SUSAT.

My plan was to have a undisclosed amount of points for weapons, where more available weapons (in a 2000's setting) will be cheaper and therefore more numerous than "newer" weapons such as the G36/P90. Any serious requisition of foreign gear would be saved until High Command is satisfied with our work. With very good rep we can acquire foreign vehicles and arms that would be on the surplus market in the early 2000's.

After doing some research, the BTR-60 and T-34-85 is technically on the menu. For small arms there is the M-870, M-14, Lee-Enfield, M1903A1 and M3A1. With good rep i could consider the Barret and Mk11.

Fair enough on the Para version, I was just after something light to aid my pie eating fitness levels. In that case I'll go for the FAL 50.00 with front grip, for some reason it's the lightest of the standard FAL, with a L2A2 SUIT sight. 30 round mags if possible (y)

Debrief
The AAF got intelligence about the Oplita setting up roadblocks in Anthrakia. A motorized / mechanized unit consisting of a MT-LB and two Humvees set out to root them out. The fighting turned ugly and lasted for half a day. In the end the roadblocks where removed and the squad pulled out.

The current situation is clouded by the fog of war and we are not sure what the civilian reaction to the operation is.

Note
It's unlikely that there will be another mission before January, have a nice holiday.

Back