Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ArmA 3 session Sunday 15th January - 11:00 GMT / 12:00 CET

Vartuoosi

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
This mission takes place in 2014 during the height of the ISIS/ISIL/DAESH/Islamic State offensive in north-western Iraq. The Iraqi army defences are crumbling and we take the role of a mixed group of Iraqi military and police who have decided to make a stand. Our mission is to defend our position and keep a road blocked until relieved.

We'll be using the Modern modset, remember the modlist was modified recently. Make sure you are up to date.
Modlist here:

Server IP: 51.195.39.225
Server Port: 2672
Password: FBM
TS address: srv32.ts3.hu:4000

I will endeavor to remember that this is on.
When you get up on Sunday morning put your slippers on the wrong feet. When you ask yourself why your feet are uncomfortable, you’ll remember it’s because you will be saving the world with your FGM brothers in arms :2draw::ROFLMAO:

When you get up on Sunday morning put your slippers on the wrong feet. When you ask yourself why your feet are uncomfortable, you’ll remember it’s because you will be saving the world with your FGM brothers in arms :2draw::ROFLMAO:

It was 39 degrees celsius in the shade here yesterday, so I won't be putting on no slippers...... :cool:

Ah bugger, I just realised I have to be up at 6am solo-parenting two little 'uns to child and holiday care, so I'll have to pass. Soz!

Are we going to give @Vartuoosi’s mission another go this Sunday? Hopefully the server won’t be so churlish.
We could do that or leave it as emergency reserve mission.
I was checking out the Fapovo map we just added in the editor and ended up taking a look at the different fictional factions added by the 3CB mods. I've used them before but only as stand-ins for IRL militaries but now I came up with a setting for Karzeghistan-Nogova war in the modern day and what each side is roughly equipped with somewhat based on what 3CB already laid down. I would do several missions with this setting.

The conflict is fought over the disputed island of Fapovo, roughly speaking Nogova controls the southern half and Karzeghistan has the northern half. Southern part used to have some shipping industry going for it but that has been withering away over the years and north part of the island became very important when oilfields were discovered in early 90s and Karzeghistan invested heavily in them and also build a refinery there.
After a period of bad blood between the countries which recently included some skirmishes between border guards, Karzeghistan decides to launch a pre-emptive attack after they learn Nogova is planning to heavily reinforce it's troops on Fapovo, fearing Nogova is preparing for invasion.
The first mission would be you guys doing a thunder run to south as a Karzeghistan tank platoon equipped with Chieftain tanks. Would be a bit of change of pace compared to the usual infantry stuff we do.
20230117070907_1.jpg

Both armies heavily rearmed themselves in the late 90s-early 00s mostly from Cold War surplus and both sides have a mix of ex-Pact and ex-NATO equipment. Karzeghistan leans more on western gear, while Nogova more on Pact gear.
Karzeghistan has smaller but more modern and more mechanised/motorised force. Infantry is mostly armed with G3 rifles with some units equipped with Steyr AUG A2s, APCs are a weird mix of M113s, BTR-60s and MT-LBs. Their most recent aquisition is a small number of Wiesel 2 scout tankettes with modern optics/thermals.
Nogovan heavy equipment/vehicles are mostly older (and obsolete) Pact equipment. Thus Nogova relies on well trained and decently equipped infantry, small arms are from vz.58 family of rifles and other mostly CZ produced stuff and they are well equipped with AT-weapons both old and brand new and from nearly every manufacturer. Nogova has also been investing in nightvision equipment and sights for heavy nighttime harassment of enemy forces.
Both sides make limited use of red dot sights and low power optical sights.
Should provide nice spread of gear for the setting.

I also liked your Cold War mini campaign we ran a long time ago. Would be nice to return to it. This was before ACE was introduced...

Right, I did start but never finish a third one that was to be the final on that series. We were to travel to north-west out of the AO while hitting targets of opportunity on the way.
Might be tough or at least very tedious to finish/repurpose the unfinished mission since back then we used CUP and other unit/miscellaneous mods that we've since dropped.

We could do that or leave it as emergency reserve mission.
I was checking out the Fapovo map we just added in the editor and ended up taking a look at the different fictional factions added by the 3CB mods. I've used them before but only as stand-ins for IRL militaries but now I came up with a setting for Karzeghistan-Nogova war in the modern day and what each side is roughly equipped with somewhat based on what 3CB already laid down. I would do several missions with this setting.

The conflict is fought over the disputed island of Fapovo, roughly speaking Nogova controls the southern half and Karzeghistan has the northern half. Southern part used to have some shipping industry going for it but that has been withering away over the years and north part of the island became very important when oilfields were discovered in early 90s and Karzeghistan invested heavily in them and also build a refinery there.
After a period of bad blood between the countries which recently included some skirmishes between border guards, Karzeghistan decides to launch a pre-emptive attack after they learn Nogova is planning to heavily reinforce it's troops on Fapovo, fearing Nogova is preparing for invasion.
The first mission would be you guys doing a thunder run to south as a Karzeghistan tank platoon equipped with Chieftain tanks. Would be a bit of change of pace compared to the usual infantry stuff we do.
View attachment 28596

Both armies heavily rearmed themselves in the late 90s-early 00s mostly from Cold War surplus and both sides have a mix of ex-Pact and ex-NATO equipment. Karzeghistan leans more on western gear, while Nogova more on Pact gear.
Karzeghistan has smaller but more modern and more mechanised/motorised force. Infantry is mostly armed with G3 rifles with some units equipped with Steyr AUG A2s, APCs are a weird mix of M113s, BTR-60s and MT-LBs. Their most recent aquisition is a small number of Wiesel 2 scout tankettes with modern optics/thermals.
Nogovan heavy equipment/vehicles are mostly older (and obsolete) Pact equipment. Thus Nogova relies on well trained and decently equipped infantry, small arms are from vz.58 family of rifles and other mostly CZ produced stuff and they are well equipped with AT-weapons both old and brand new and from nearly every manufacturer. Nogova has also been investing in nightvision equipment and sights for heavy nighttime harassment of enemy forces.
Both sides make limited use of red dot sights and low power optical sights.
Should provide nice spread of gear for the setting.

Sounds interesting.

Back