armor penetration eyecandy

W

Wilhelm Mohnke

I was wondering how cool it would be if the rounds that managed to penetrate armor leave a respective hole, nothing fancy just the hole where the round struck and penetrate, everytime.

Dont how if something this irrelevant for the mayority is possible to do because I dont know crap about coding/modding/etc...so if this is stupid please ignore it.

Btw have you seen this feature in any other game that involves armor?

I love this kind of eyecandy...

There are games doing that - ToW for example. The implementation isn't that difficult, either: You simply create a decal fo each calibre which then gets applied at the respective hit location. Is planned for CM, but not in the near future.

I see, so theres hope then!

Will check TOW.

thank you

Steve has said this is on the to-do list. I'm guessing we'll see it in the first module, but that's only a guess on my part.

Steel Fury does nice holes-

"Cursed be the hand that made these fatal holes!"- Lady Anne in Shakesp's Rich.III

sf11.jpg

STEEL FURY THREAD- http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?515-Steel-Fury-Kharkov

Actually the depiction in Steel Fury is the nicest I have seen so far.

I seriously doubt we'll see hit decals for CMBN - it's very far down the to-do list because it's such amminor feature compared to other stuff like flamethrowers, AA guns and an UI overhaul... maybe for CMBA.

Well, CMBB is already taken, but we'll get another CM depicting fighting in the Bulge, so I simply called CMBA - Combat Mission: Battle in the Ardennes. :biggrin1:

No idea if that's gonna be the official name, though, just amking things up...

@Tanker, thnxs for the info man, but dont know why I dont like that game too much...
@POS, dling SF Kharkov right now

damn, Im a tank whore.

Well, CMBB is already taken, but we'll get another CM depicting fighting in the Bulge, so I simply called CMBA - Combat Mission: Battle in the Ardennes. :biggrin1:

No idea if that's gonna be the official name, though, just amking things up...

lol nice one brother.

Any wild guess regarding the ostfront?

I like.

the second module spring 45 made me drool.

Thnxs a lot for the info theres some good stuff on the oven...

Back
Top Bottom