FGM Lieutenant General
- Oct 11, 2010
The A5P was a massive vehicle, using a 'double-ended' layout that could at least pose a tactically useful high ground clearance.
Its powerplant was Büssing's 6-cylinder truck engines. It had a large steel armored body and was crewed by ten men.
Six of the crew operated three 7.92 mm machine guns, usually the MG 08 or MG 15nA. Some vehicles even received two Becker 20 mm cannons.
Only one vehicle was produced, however the A5P served in a column on the Romanian Front in 1916 and on the Russian Front in 1917.