Back On Track

Z

zaraza

I'm back :)
Pictures will follow...

1b5e0b1b.jpg

There are ~2000 of them so it will take some time to choose and edit them :)

Oh yes....lots of hiking, driving through mountains, beer in the evening.
I always forget how nature is beautiful and intact is on that mountain (Durmitor, Montenegro)

Devils Lake
vrazje002.jpg

Starry night:
0cd21e0a.jpg

Awesome pictures ! Liked the starry sky best. In Holland there is to much light polution to get skies like that.

Montenegro free from landmines etc. ?

Awesome pictures ! Liked the starry sky best. In Holland there is to much light polution to get skies like that.

Same here in Belgrade...I can real sky only 2-3 times per year when i travel far far from city lights...
The other reason for so many stars on picture is high sensitivity of sensor and long exposure.

Montenegro free from landmines etc. ?

Yes, Montenegro didnt see any battles, except some in 1999 in NATO campaign, but no, no land mines on Durmitor...

...The other reason for so many stars on picture is high sensitivity of sensor and long exposure..

Wow and the stars stood still for you throughout the long exposure, not even David Blaine can make stars stand still..:)

Wow and the stars stood still for you throughout the long exposure, not even David Blaine can make stars stand still..:)

15 seconds on 18mm is optimum for stars to remain still. 20 seconds (like on this one) is top limit. On 30 seconds star trails begin to appear.

Few more pictures from 2360m...Lightning was terrible, cloud base was very low so i had to deal with lots of fog...

db42329f.jpg

2ad7abb4.jpg

Wait! I feel one of my deeply-profound articles coming on!-

ANCIENT SKIES
by POS

I'll never forget an incident some years ago in Leicester, England; I was sitting at my computer one evening after dark when suddenly it switched itself off and the light in the room went off.
At first i thought a fuse had blown, but then i realised the street lamp outside had gone off too.
I looked out of the window and there was no light anywhere, not a glimmer of any kind.
Power cut! (It lasted about an hour)

"Oh well" i thought, "i might as well make myself a cup of tea"..
But the kettle stayed cold because i'd forgotten it was an electric kettle, duh..

So i trudged into the other room to watch TV. Bad move, no electricity..

It was turning cold, so i tried the electric heating. Stone cold of course..

I thought of snuggling up to my girlfriend to share our bodily warmth, but no chance, no girlfriend..

I ambled into the back garden to look around and see if i could spot a light somewhere, anywhere, but without success.
Then as my eyes grew accustomised to the pitch blackness, I glanced up to the sky, and was hit by the stunning sight of a trillion stars blazing down that took my breath away!
As a city-dweller i'd never seen them like this before because of light pollution, but now i could see the whole heavenly array in all their splendour, not just the usual bright ones but all the tiny faint ones like grains of sand, and the band of the Milky Way across the zenith, the whole show seemed to have an awesomely dizzying 3D depth to it.

It was a very spiritual experience, there i was, back in the stone age without electricity, cold, lonely and dying for a cup of tea, yet there were the heavens blazing down in all their glory, huge, powerful, majestic, eternal..

"..praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above,
whose power is in the skies." (Psalm 68:33-34)

starB.gif

Nice one :)
Once i felt something like that...There was power failure and more than half of 2 million city was left in the dark...It was totally surreal to see so many stars in urban area...Unfortunately it lasted only few minutes...

“I have ... a terrible need ... shall I say the word? ... of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.”
-Vincent van Gogh

Back
Top Bottom