Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Academy

HOA_KSOP

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Are these games any good? All I know is they are turn based. I am interested in the Eastern Front title but would like player input before taking the leap.

Thanks!

Think the East Front one is supposed to be the best, but I've only played the Western Front one. If you can live with the cartoonish graphics the AI can be surprisingly challenging. The game is on the lite side, not that that must be a negative. I found sometimes that I lacked details about units. For the money (sale on Steam) I'd say give it a go if you want to try something new.

Thanks Rocketman, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience. I am not big on eye candy, playability and challenge is what I am looking at...

I've got them both, and all DLCs.
It might look cartoonish, it is quite good usually. Some campaigns might be better than others, but all things considered, I'll recommend it.
Especially tBA2, which includes all the little things added along the way with the (many) DLCs released for BA1.

I've got them both, and all DLCs.
It might look cartoonish, it is quite good usually. Some campaigns might be better than others, but all things considered, I'll recommend it.
Especially tBA2, which includes all the little things added along the way with the (many) DLCs released for BA1.
Mad Mat, thanks for the feedback, I went ahead and bought BA2 and it's DLC and BA, but no dlc's....yet. Will wait for the next big sale. I like the artwork , I think the challenge is there as well. I also have Unity of Command and Order of Battle and Panzercorps so I am getting my turn based fix. I also have GF's WitE but I think my hard core grog days are behind me LOL...

I also have Unity of Command and Order of Battle and Panzercorps so I am getting my turn based fix.
Unity of Command is, IMO, by far the best turn-based wargame of the decade.
Got all the DLCs too, and they all have a great replayability: the missions' objectives aren't hard to complete, but winning them in "perfect" mode is quite a challenge.

I've got Order of Battle too, and all (or most) DLCs.
I must say the Pacific TO, especially the USMC's islands hoping, as never been my favorite theater. So I might be biased regarding the first modules (US Marines & US Army).
Yet, more recent modules have triggered my interest, since they are covering some unsung campaigns, such as the Japanese-Chinese war, or the Finnish-Russian war. Those DLCs, especially the Finnish one, I highly recommend.

@MadMat I also have all the BA1 DLC but haven't played them all (bought as a bundle). Have thought about reinstalling again on my new computer, which DLC did you find to be the best of the bunch? I played Normandy, Bulge, Husky and Market Garden and the last one I liked the most.

I tend to always rather the obscure, unsung campaigns.
I've been playing BA1 quite some time ago, but from memory, Husky is the one coming to mind first.
It's a rare campaign to play on video game, it has Italians in it and mid-war equipment. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to always rather the obscure, unsung campaigns.
I've been playing BA1 quite some time ago, but from memory, Husky is the one coming to mind first.
It's a rare campaign to play on video game, it has Italians in it and mid-ward equipment. :)
If you don't already have Combat Mission Fortress Italy, it sounds like it would be ideal for you. Soon to be updated to the latest engine version and a module in the near future.

If you don't already have Combat Mission Fortress Italy, it sounds like it would be ideal for you. Soon to be updated to the latest engine version and a module in the near future.
Sounds appealing indeed.
Thanks for the info. :)

Oddly I did not buy the Finnish War DLC for Order of Battle, but did buy every other one. As for BA no DLC bought yet. And I do have all the DLC for Unity of Command.

Back