Birthers......

J

Jonny

Ok someone sent me this clip

This is a (obviously edited) clip from youtube

Only watched the first minute of it but i could quite obviously see that it was doctored. And even if it wasn't are you telling me fox news wouldn't have run this 24/7 for 2 weeks?

Anyways, the BS under the video states.

The video starts out with some content from obamasnippets.com, which, of course is contrived. And yet, there seems to be a synthetic truth about what the president says. Is he "natural born" according to the Constitution? No. The requirement is that BOTH parents need to be U. S. Citizens. Two U. S. Citizen parents produce a "natural born" citizen. It's likely that Mr. Obama was REGISTERED in Hawaii, therefore he has a COLB from Hawaii. The truth may well be he was born in Kenya; that is where we believe his "long-form" birth certificate was issued. Nevertheless, "natural born" indicates, and speaks to the fact that BOTH parents have to be U. S. Citizens. His father WAS NEVER a U. S. Citizen, therefore, Barack Hussein Obama is NOT a "natural born" Citizen of the United States, thus he is in violation of Amendment 14, and Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 5 of the United States Constitution.

Ok well 5 minutes of research should easily be able to debunk that one

Ok first Article II, section 1, Paragraph 5 of the united states constitution

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Ok first of all then, lets compare the 2

therefore, Barack Hussein Obama is NOT a "natural born" Citizen of the United States, thus he is in violation of Amendment 14, and Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 5 of the United States Constitution.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;

Anyone else spot the difference between the first quote (from some sad ******* on youtube) and the second one (from the US constitution)?

Ok, so what makes a citizen? The guy who posted the clip states its from the 14th amendment to the constitution:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

So born or naturalised? Doesn't say anything about both parents needing to be US citizens.

I know its too much to ask to ask for everyone to be rational, but is it really too much to ask to think for yourself and check a fact once in a while?

PS

Sources:

14th amendment

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am14.html

Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 5

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A2Sec1.html

PPS

Yes I know, whiney liberal blah blah blah

My only beef with Obama is that he's a lefty Democrat. I've always preferred the Republicans.
But i think the Reps must have gone bananas to put "Gramps" McCain up as candidate, he's a nice chap but 10 years too old to be President, i was honestly worried he was going to collapse on stage during televised debates.
The American people probably felt the same way, and felt they had no real choice but to vote for Obama.
As regards Obi not being a natural born US citizen, that was only important when the Constitution was first drawn up, but nowadays a lot of US citizens are true Americans despite being born overseas.
For example everybody regards Arnie Schwarzenegger as a true American despite him being born in Austria, he'd make a great US President..:)
(Hey even Englands famous King Henry V was born in Wales which technically makes him a welshman!)
Obi's good on stage and I like his confident "I'm in command" persona, the only gaffs that have worried me so far is when he made fun of disabled people, and when he said "Our aim is not to defeat the Taliban but to contain them"
The bottom line is that he's President whether we like it or not, so it'll be interesting to see how he does, and whether he gets elected again for a second term.

Back
Top Bottom