British Troops in Sangin Afghanistan

Afghanistan has always really been an American 'show' and a lot of Britons are wondering what the hell we got involved with it for anyway, it's none of our business so I for one am glad some Brit troops are being pulled out..:)

They are not actually being pulled out. They are just moving into a different province. Sounds like a simple realignment of forces.
Lord Bane

As far as i know both British and US troops are fulfilling their tasks in an exceptional way,
the real question is when the ANA will be able to conduct operations by its own.

As far as i know both British and US troops are fulfilling their tasks in an exceptional way,
the real question is when the ANA will be able to conduct operations by its own.

I dout if the ANA will be of any use. When we pull out the country will fall back into war lords , drug barons, taliban+ and tribal lines. the only thing that will happen is that alot of them will be dead, and the rest will hold out their hands for aid!

When we pull out the country will fall back into war lords , drug barons, taliban+ and tribal lines..

Yes but personally I don't give a damn, so the sooner our troops are brought home out of the sh*thole the better..:)

I dout if the ANA will be of any use. When we pull out the country will fall back into war lords , drug barons, taliban+ and tribal lines. the only thing that will happen is that alot of them will be dead, and the rest will hold out their hands for aid!

I think you are right on what you say....I did feel at one time that it was the right thing to do, being there and stopping dictator's running the country and treating the people like sh#t, but like you say they will only be happy back in there old way's....Possible it's time for the Western world to keep our noses out and let them lead there strange ways of living

Your little face of disaproval, Are you wondering why the Americans are taking over there, I have got to say I couldn't understand that my self...It points at are we not doing the Job, which I don't believe is the case....STRANGE

Nah the little face of disapproval is because my brother had just left with 16th Air Assault Brigade for a 6 month tour in Helmand.

my brother had just left with 16th Air Assault Brigade for a 6 month tour in Helmand.[/B]

Lucky sod, swanning it in a warm climate while we have to go through another cold winter

Yeah, but rest assured that when the political party I support takes over Britain, the first thing we'll do is bring him and all his mates safe home..:)

Back
Top Bottom