Bug in PBEM save

Facman

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Im having a bit of an intermittent problem, it is with the game not saving a PBEM turn, requiring me to replay it, sometimes 2-3 times before the turn is saved. Now in small games it's a nuisance, but for my large games, it is quite disconcerting. Daisy told me he is having the same problem. Anyone else out there having this exp?

I suffer from the same bug too.
Only thing that works for me, is to reboot the computer and start up the CMBN first thing and do your turn(s)
Its only seems to happens after the computer been in use for sometime. Like a ram memory issues or something like that.
It does really **** me off too.....:")

Lighthorse

To solve this problem go to ''Combat Mission Battle for Normandy''folder open it and erase any temporary file that has been created there that will fix it.

Cargol gave me this advice quite a while ago and at first I though that it was the perfect solution.

Now I religiously follow this procedure and it still happens. Not as often as before though.

Its put me off the game a bit to be honest.

Its put me off the game a bit to be honest.

Yes, it has brought me to the edge of not playing anymore. I surely don't want to throw good money after bad and buy the CW module when it comes out if I can't find a solution to this problem.
I don't use the BFC Forums, has anyone seen this addressed there?

It has been discussed at length on the BFC forums.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=99433

In the abovementioned thread I made a list of some possible solutions - heres a copy & paste of the list:

1. After you have played your turn and you get the option to save - DO NOT save immediately, wait a few seconds (10-15) before saving.

2. If you are having this problem and use the H2HH - close H2HH before playing the turn - do step 1 above. Then only open H2HH to transfer the turn.

3. Make sure that your incoming/outgoing email folders are tidy - make sure to manually delete old turns that you are finished with.

4. Imo save game names might also be a part of the problem - Do not use any of the following in your save game names - . > < ( ) [ ]

5. If you are playing a mirror game make sure that the two files have vastly different names because it seems as if the names resemble each other too closesly there is also an issue.

Comment: Number 1 above seems to be consistently working - if I remember to be patient.

Ive seen many a battle go down the river because after careful plotting for 15 minutes... press go then nothing... no saved file.... I do it all again.... no save file... so I just get hacked of and press go without setting orders. Grrrrr.

For me the moment i deleted the temp files it happened again only once,in 50+games that is.
I m using H2H helper v1.4.0 BTW

Ive seen many a battle go down the river because after careful plotting for 15 minutes... press go then nothing... no saved file.... I do it all again.... no save file... so I just get hacked of and press go without setting orders. Grrrrr.

Same here, I actually have several games like that that ongoing right now.

We can just hope that once the CW module comes out it includes some kind of a fix or that the patch thereafter sorts it out. I am however not holding my breath for that - Even in CMSF there was a bug in the original campaign that they were never able or willing to fix (Night Stalkers mission).

Another thing : It seemed to me as if the issue was less prevalent when using the earlier versions of the H2HH. But then again some guys are complaining they have the issue every third game or so whilst not even having the H2HH installed.

I regularly check my CMBN for temp files now, and wait a bit after turn ends to save. I will report back if it crops up again.

Back
Top Bottom