Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM Cold War - Proxy Wars Campaign Test

Glad to see this project revived!

Hate to be that guy, but I do want to point out that the Soviet side is going to be hampered if forced to fight as individual platoons. The Soviets always intended their lowest tactical unit to be a battalion. That means that all of the combined arms the Soviets bring really start to break down if they cannot rely on the all arms battalion formation. In practical terms, this means that a platoon of Soviet tanks do not spot well, because they are relying on group spotting to make up for their optics not being as good as Western optics. 10 pairs of eyes looking at the same place is better than 3 as an example.

This might put the Soviet player at a bit of a disadvantage here. Just a heads up.

Regardless, I am still interested in partaking in this! Always wanted to be part of an operational campaign, I love the skins that have been done for this, and I love Cold War so its perfect for me.

To be fair, some middle east countries that bought this stuff likely didn't use it has such, well not all the time.

If Miller will participate in this, then I would like too (in the opposite team).

To be fair, some middle east countries that bought this stuff likely didn't use it has such, well not all the time.

Yes, that is my concept --client states with imperfectly adopted doctrines and mostly indifferently trained troops... the whole thing will be a "campaign on a shoestring."

Fair enough, if that is what you are going for. Just pointing out that it is going to put the Soviet player at a disadvantage. But, it could be interesting to see if the Soviet player can overcome that disadvantage. I'm assuming the Soviet side will have more equipment than the Western side will?

If Miller will participate in this, then I would like too (in the opposite team).

Heh... is this headhunting?

@IICptMillerII does raise a good point @Rico. If I remember rightly it could turn out be as lob sided as your The Battle of Capracotta campaign were there was an American advantage regarding overwhelming numbers.

Yep -- but that was QB's -- which were definitely skewed in favour of larger US formations in CMFI.

(or it was my inept tactics ... also a possibility...LOL)

Ok, I think I might have a lore friendly answer to this if you're taking suggestions.

Like in Yom Kippur when the Israeli's requested strategic reinforcement in material from the US, there could be a similar mechanic present here. Say one side wins a decisive victory and it becomes clear that the other side is at a massive disadvantage, maybe there could be a mechanic where the Soviets/US lend material aid and send a bunch of extra tanks. You could even use that as a way to rebalance the side receiving the aid. Say, Soviet units go from a company to a battalion on the operational layer. Food for thought at least.

There be Dragons.

VssaJCd.png

Back