Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM Shockforce 2 Coming to Steam (no joke)

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that don't frequent the BF forums.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/137351-exciting-news-about-battlefront-and-slitherine/

And here...

Could be a few newbs around the forums to teach the basics of CM too. :p

4adn8i.jpg

Best click bait ever !!!

OMFG! Wonder if they will have to discount it occasionally (as part of Steam T&C's)? I soooo want it, but CM has always been such a premium price

Edit: I just read BFCElvis post. SALES!!!!!! GRAND SALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Hapless will be able to expand his video audience into the Steam world (if he hasn't already done so).

The comments section is going to be hilarious "OMG, this is soooooooo hard" "Why don't they do what I tell them" "Wheres the god-damn health bar??????"

In all seriousness, curious what (if anything) they will do around H2H/PBEM in the Steam environment?

HOLY CRAP!!
Looks like someone finally pulled their head out of their rear end. Huge exposure and with that an influx of even more very talented mod and scenario designers that will be coupled with steam workshop. Speaking of Steam workshop, no more half-assed updates and downloads! I don't even play half my CM games anymore because of bad updates and different engines. I used the latest installer and it broke my game, contacted tech support, and was told to download this and use that while touching my left nipple and saying the alphabet backward.

Should be interesting to see how the Battlefront people deal with the Valve folks. I have never had an update issue with any Steam update, any bets CM SF 2 will be the first to hose up that system?

Should be interesting to see how the Battlefront people deal with the Valve folks. I have never had an update issue with any Steam update, any bets CM SF 2 will be the first to hose up that system?
Just let the Valve team handle things. Both companies have a record that speaks for itself.

@Gnarly WOW. Might need to rejig the video schedule. Probably worth doing some more Basics and tutorial stuff to hlep out all the potential new players.
Going through the Battlefront stuff it looks like existing BF customers will get a steam key, which is nice.

Very interested in whether the steam version will have a PBEM system attached that obviates the need for dropbox etc.- I think FOG has that.

@Gnarly WOW. Might need to rejig the video schedule. Probably worth doing some more Basics and tutorial stuff to hlep out all the potential new players.
Going through the Battlefront stuff it looks like existing BF customers will get a steam key, which is nice.

Very interested in whether the steam version will have a PBEM system attached that obviates the need for dropbox etc.- I think FOG has that.
Matrix recent titles have very good pbem system, it would be nice if this had the same.

I have the original Shock Force and can hold my own, so noob on this...don't make me use this again

The only thing you can hold your own in is a pie eating contest. ;-) I still have my CMBO purchase in it's original ziploc bag, on my shelf of trophies, which includes the heads of past opponents, as can be partially witnessed in my House of Horrors.

CM going to Steam is a welcome change, IMO. Let's hope it does away with the current circa 1990s upgrade/purchase process.

The only thing you can hold your own in is a pie eating contest. ;-) I still have my CMBO purchase in it's original ziploc bag, on my shelf of trophies, which includes the heads of past opponents, as can be partially witnessed in my House of Horrors.

CM going to Steam is a welcome change, IMO. Let's hope it does away with the current circa 1990s upgrade/purchase process.
I have one word for you ... OGRE

No pricing as yet: I'm sure many will be watching with great interest..

I'm curious if there's going to be a discount for getting the full bundle like on the battlefront.com store.

I don't recall if there's an autumn steam sale. I know for sure there's one in winter, so hopefully it'll go on sale then.

I'm curious if there's going to be a discount for getting the full bundle like on the battlefront.com store.

I don't recall if there's an autumn steam sale. I know for sure there's one in winter, so hopefully it'll go on sale then.

Have to admit, I don't think I've ever bought anything at full price or even close to it on Steam. Its either early bird style discounts, or major seasonal sales.

Back