Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM1 WEBOBber joining the modern world

BossP351

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Picked up a MacBook Air and found CM1 may be too difficult to run so picked up the CMBN demo for Mac and voila, it seems to run great! So here we go, any suggestions for what bundle to pick up and will I find a similar experience out there with the PBEM community? I bet I know some of you over here...

Big welcome to the Club @BossP351 The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog, who will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Welcome! There are a few (maybe more) of us ex-WeBOBers here. FGM has a lot to offer. Enjoy!

Goodwill's kissing cousin, Costco.lol

Apparently I have to get/lease a program to run Windows on the latest generation, whatever came with the previous is no longer supported.

I'll keep the old HP POS around to finish up the last of my CM1 commitments, the last of us are replaying BB13 in a mirror format along with Greywolf Bob, the designer. It's a kick in the ass but GWB always wins.

Picked up a MacBook Air and found CM1 may be too difficult to run so picked up the CMBN demo for Mac and voila, it seems to run great! So here we go, any suggestions for what bundle to pick up and will I find a similar experience out there with the PBEM community? I bet I know some of you over here...
Unfortunately CM1 runs best natively on older MacBooks with a G4 cpu and running OS9. The best laptop for CM1 is a Powerbook G4 800MHz (DVI-Titanium). It has the ATI Radeon 7500 graphics chip which still displayed smoke and dust accurately. The next model up with a faster CPU has a ATI Radeon 9000 graphics chip with rendered smoke and dust opaque instead of foggy translucent. If you are looking to play CM1 then that is the best bet. I also have a Powerbook G4 1GHz which runs CM1 but the smoke is rendered completely opaque which detracts it for me. The game will still run fine on OS9. (I actually bought a used Powerbook G4 800 to purely use as my CM1 gaming machine when I upgraded my work laptops to newer models.) Old Apple laptops will still work years and years on. Otherwise the newer MacBooks will need to run a emulation software which will reduce performance.

I’ll just keep the old HP to run CM1 on until it dies. Hoping to like CM2 enough to forget about it. I’ve played CMBN, purchased it early on but was still too involved in CM1. I want wstick with WW2 based, any suggestions on purchasing bundles? My only criteria is having a vibrant 2 player experience

I play only the WW2 titles currently even though I have all the CM games except Afghanistan as I play on a Mac. CM2 has a steeper learning curve but very much worth it. Check our the videos by Usually Hapless on YouTube. Many other CM videos by double vision and Josey Wales are also great. There is also recent short video tutorial on basics too by AR. CM2 is very much worth it. I play almost exclusively PBEM CM1 and CM2. Lots of friendly opponents here on FGM. As to bundles, get what you are interested in. I am biased as I have them all. As a starter, I think CMFI has the best variety but CMRT if you like Eastern front. I would get all the expansions if you can.

1666532371057.png

Welcome. Enjoy a pint and have a look about. Please don't touch the Panzerfaust, it's not a toy!

Back