CMBN and CMSF for the iPad!

L

Lighthorse

Show us your War Finger!!! Combat Mission Touch now on the AppStore
CM: Touch - News
Monday, 02 April 2012

Combat Mission: Touch is now available exclusively on the AppStore, for iPad 2 and the New iPad!

cmtsplash.jpg

Fools, do you want to live forever?!
CM: Touch - News
Sunday, 01 April 2012

Get out of your armchairs and from behind your desktops, wannabe generals! War is a dirty business, and it's time to get your fingers dirty!

Battlefront.com is proudly announcing "Combat Mission: Touch" for the iPad 2 and The New iPad!
full01.jpg

"Combat Mission: Touch" allows you to command American and German troops during and after the invasion of Normandy, June 1944! It mixes fun and realism for a unique, hands-on, 3D wargame experience.

Available on the AppStore tomorrow, April 2, 2012, exclusively for the iPad 2 and The New iPad - the only mobile devices that are powerful enough to fully immerse you in the dramatic battles of World War 2 - for only $4.99.

"Combat Mission: Touch" is the result of a collaboration between Battlefront.com, the critically acclaimed creators of the genre defining Combat Mission series of wargames for now over 10 years, and Dromedary LLC. Using Combat Mission's unique WeGo turn-based play mode of simultaneous planning and execution phases, and a vast 3D environment, it combines the fun of fast paced action with the strategy of turns. Make no mistake, fun as it is, "Combat Mission: Touch" is a true wargame, with a number of mind-blowing features that were available, until now, only on the desktop.

So, get down on the ground and get dirty, Private. The outcome of the next combat battle is in your hands. Literally!

Watch this space for a link to the AppStore to purchase the game tomorrow, April 2. In the meantime, check out the brief feature overview below, and talk about it.

"Combat Mission: Touch" Features:

Full 3D view of the battlefield
Smoothly zoom from bird's eye for strategic control down to eye level for tactical awareness
Command historically accurate vehicles and infantry units like the M4 Sherman Tank or the German Panther tank
Play solo or head-to-head on the Internet
Invite your friends on GameCenter
Find opponents on the Internet automatically
Watch replays of battles and share them with friends ... or enemies
Watch and replay every detail of the action from any angle
Realistic ballistics and armor penetration algorithms; make no mistake, fun as it is, this is a true wargame!
Realistically simulated weapons and effects
Troop morale and fatigue
Forward observers and artillery
WEGO (as in: "we go together" simultaneous planning and action phases) - the fun of fast paced action with the strategy of turns
Battle across vast distances (2km x 2km maps!)
Play as Americans or Germans
Fight on the beaches, hills, and bocage of France
Includes 7 unique and detailed maps and historical combat missions:
∙ Uncle Red Beach ∙ Morning of the 902nd ∙ Panzer Ace ∙ Off the Beach! ∙ Crossroads ∙ Battlegroup Scholze ∙ Ravenstein's Bridge
More maps and missions will be made available in-app
Includes tutorial video... you had better do what the Drill Sergeant $@*!% asks you to!

If I were to take over my wife's ipad to play CMBN that would be the straw that broke the horse's back Har!

Hey Lighthorse, nice April Fools Joke (Double Har)

I hope to download it soon. I'll write a view if you guys would like.

I've got it. It's fun to have CM on the iPad and it demonstrates some very, very innovative features around the user interface, but it is not CMBN for the iPad (Battlefront says as much). For example, turns are 0:30 seconds, battles are much smaller, and unit information is very limited. It sounds like the limits are largely platform related (i.e, power, display, etc. of the iPad) but I wonder if it also has to do with a more consumer-ized market.

It should be interesting to see how this develops.

Bob/Lt. Smash

I was thinking of running a CM Touch ladder but I feel despite bringing in new members they would be the wrong ilk. The App Kids I call them who are just not... well... us?

As for the game... I dont see the need to play a watered down version of CM and will pass on buying it.

We are the Few Good MEN not the Few Good KIDS

:biggrin-new:

let it play out a while, and then review the iPad product as a club event

Sent via Tapatalk

If I were to take over my wife's ipad to play CMBN that would be the straw that broke the horse's back Har!

Hey Lighthorse, nice April Fools Joke (Double Har)

I really thought this was an April Fool's joke. You guys saying this is for real? :)

I see that now......launching this on April 1 or 2nd though smelled of April fool's joke to me at first. :)

I've got it. It's fun to have CM on the iPad and it demonstrates some very, very innovative features around the user interface, but it is not CMBN for the iPad (Battlefront says as much). For example, turns are 0:30 seconds, battles are much smaller, and unit information is very limited. It sounds like the limits are largely platform related (i.e, power, display, etc. of the iPad) but I wonder if it also has to do with a more consumer-ized market.

It should be interesting to see how this develops.

Bob/Lt. Smash

Bob says it right. It is NOT CMBN for the ipad. It has a few cool features like the way you pan around the field or plotting the route of troops, but beyond that it is a highly iPaded version of the game. It is for a different group of people(not trying to be arrogant...). I see no reason to create anything for the club for it. I would think they would come and go like the rain.

It's a good move for BF however. I am sure they will sell quite a few copies and at $4.99 a pop it will add up quick. But I think people will lose interest in it very quickly. I know I did. I played 2 games and have not had the "itch" to play it again.

Back
Top Bottom