Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN Quick Battle (Closed)

PatchWork_green

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Game: CMBN
Method: PBEM/PBEM++
Scenario: Quick battle
Size: Small - medium
Type: Assault/Meeting engagement
Modules: Commonwealth Forces

Great. :)

What would you prefer. Small or medium size map? Assault or meeting engagement?

Any other preferences regarding nationalities, time of year, time of day, weather, and so on?

And finally. Do you want to create the battle, or should I?

I generally play as the allies but am open to be anyone - other than that no preferences! I’m also game to attack or defend if you wanted to do an assault.
You can create the battle if you want to!
I don’t have a pbem++ account, but if they’re free I’ll gladly set one up
I’m also realizing I don’t have the module for CMBN, will that cause a problem? I will get it tonight if it’s required

PBEM++ is absolutely free. It just requires you to create an account at Slitherine (the company which bought Battlefront).
They have guides in their forums on how it works.
But basically you log in via the game menu and then select PBEM++ under saved games.

I can certainly set up a game. I think it will be a meeting engagement.
It should be possible without you having Commonwealth Forces installed.
But if you're already thinking about purchasing it, then by all means go ahead.
I won't be creating the game until tomorrow evening (it is 10.30 PM now in Denmark where I live).

I set up a slitherine account for PBEM, username is PoppinFresh and also got the commonwealth forces - just needed a little push to convince me to get it.
Looking forward to the game!

I've created an medium size assault battle.
It's filename is: mekuhr PF vs. PW_G
Password: PoppinFresh

Go into: saved games & PBEM > scroll to: automated PBEM++ challenges.

You will be attacking as the allies (random nation) and I will defend with a random axis force.
You will have 150% more points to spend as the attacker.
Preview is allowed during force selection.

Let's agree upon no 1st round preplanned bombardement of deployment zones.

Once you've played your first turn (force selection and deployment), you should get an e-mail notification when it's your turn next.

BTW. I'm also looking forward to our battle.
This will only be my fourth PVP battle since I dove into the multiplayer scene (apart from a few battles against my cousin in the old CM: Africa Korps).

I'm Impressed, that you went ahead and bought the expansion.

There's also a Discord Channel for Combat Mission and matchmaking. If you didn't know already.

Turn rate might be a little slow due to time difference and everyday life.
I dont know where in the US you are situated, but I guess we are at least seven hours apart.

Back