CMFI Hot fix patch

U

Underfire

Patch has appeared over at BF

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_versions&Itemid=317#CM

"This hotfix is for the download version of CMFI. It contains no new game code, but is a quick fix to the following small issues: - Fixed QB maps - Floating Icons fix - new optional shaders Instructions: 1) Download hotfix 2) unzip archive 3) you will find three folders inside the archive. You need to copy the files INSIDE the folders (not the folders themselves) as follows: (PC) open your My Documents/Battlefront/Combat Mission/Fortress Italy/Game Files folder. Copy the QB maps to the QB maps folder. Copy the contents of the Floating Icon Fix folder into the Mods folder. If you want to use the optional shaders, select the right shader for your video card (ATI or Nvidia), and copy the two files from that folder into your Mods folder, as well. 4) test the new shaders: Start the game and run a scenario. If the game is performing badly, or there are visual issues, quit the game and remove the shader files from your Mods directory."

Ok. I need help.

I extracted the hotfix. Then the "play" "pause" "fast forward" "rewind" button disappeared from my screen. I have tried several things, including a full uninstall and reinstall. But the buttons will not reappear.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have any files in your Mods folder after the reinstall?

The mod folder would be where you'd place the Hotfix. So I was just thinking that if the problem occurred after applying the Hotfix, and it was still there after a reinstall, the problematic files may still be there.

Im so glad I didn't try to install this yet, hopefully we'll learn how to avoid this so I don't get tagged by it. Thanks for finding the minefield Nort!

Installed the hotfix, everything working fine... Don't extract directly anywhere. I extracted in my Updates/CMFI folder where I store patches and mods from download. Take all files separately to the right folder in My Docs/Battlefront/Combat Mission/Fortress Italy :
QB maps go obviously to the QB folder, the floating icons bmp files go to the Mods folder. If you want to try the new shaders, which I did, open the Nvidia or ATI folder, and copy both files inside to the Mods folder. Et voilà !

And will you have to have the hot fix to play those who don't? Not sure what I didn't do but still shows I am at V1.00.

And will you have to have the hot fix to play those who don't? Not sure what I didn't do but still shows I am at V1.00.

No. The hot fix provides minor updates and does not effect who you can play.

The hotfix is mostly "mods" which affect only you. The shader is the thing that applies shadows to the surfaces that should have them. You can see the effects by toggling the Shaders off and on (Alt-R) with the Shadows on and off (Alt-W). I found the new shaders for my ATI card drastically improved the look of the game with shadows on.

Back
Top Bottom