Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMRT Map VL Question

Gunner

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Would you please open the CMRT map FR_Arnswalde-1488x1024-Open-Meeting-01 and tell me if the VL Ruins should be 200 points like the other VL's?
Or did the map maker know that that VL would be the most valuable?

I want to use this map in Round 3 of the F&R tournament and don't want the scenario skewed one way or another.

Thanks in advance.

Impossible to know. He filled out terrain objective for both sides and they are not identical. For the Allied objectives he assigned the Wendt Estate 400 points and Ruins 200 pts; for the Axis he reversed those values. Because CM does not allow asymmetrical objectives in QBs the Axis objectives are used for both sides automatically. There's no way of knowing what exactly he intended. Just looking at the map, having either objective worth more than the rest makes no sense. My advice is to assign whatever values you want.

I am personally not a fan of an even number of objectives in meeting engagements. You tend to end up in a protracted draw.

First off, thanks for responding.

Loading up the QB with this map it shows me that for both sides Ruins is 400pts the other 3 200pts.
I agree it's hard to figure what the designer was thinking.
Not having played on the map, perhaps Ruins is equally possible to take or equally difficult to hold.
Maybe avoiding the draw is why the one VL is worth more than the others.
To win you need to hold Ruins and at least one other VL or give up Ruins and hold the three 200pt VL's.
:unsure:

Keep in mind that the points shown in the OBJ labels -- 200 or 400 -- are not accurate. There are a total of 1000 victory points in a QB, In a meeting engagement 600 of those points are allotted to enemy units destroyed, the other 400 are distributed to terrain objectives in whatever ratio the maker assigns. So on this map you have a 2:1:1:1 ratio which comes out to 160 victory point for Ruins and 80 for the other three.

Back