Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Cold War Game released to early Access on Steam today...

I bought steel division normandy 44. i love the concept and graphics etc...even how the game plays isnt bad..except for one thing. Everything is to fast...got these great graphics and effects but you cannot enjoy them as everything rolls around the map to quick...You gotta zoom out and point and click for your life. If the realtime pace was more 25% then it would be fun but i just dont enjoy it at all. I no you can slow it down but it then looks silly as unit firing is unrealistic. To big a map to manage and to fast. I never bought the latest version because of that. Map size is fine but to much going on to quickly

So dude, you don't have the speed control under the minimap?

70cTP8Q.jpg

So dude, you don't have the speed control under the minimap?

70cTP8Q.jpg
I know i saw that and tried it....Its not the games natural speed and its crap when units are firing etc and its slow motion looks silly. At normal everything moves to fast i needed to be scaled down

I bought steel division normandy 44. i love the concept and graphics etc...even how the game plays isnt bad..except for one thing. Everything is to fast...got these great graphics and effects but you cannot enjoy them as everything rolls around the map to quick...You gotta zoom out and point and click for your life. If the realtime pace was more 25% then it would be fun but i just dont enjoy it at all. I no you can slow it down but it then looks silly as unit firing is unrealistic. To big a map to manage and to fast. I never bought the latest version because of that. Map size is fine but to much going on to quickly

I agree, I watched some playthrough Youtube vids of that ... and it was just silly dashing all over the map, not really knowing what's going on anywhere...

I agree, I watched some playthrough Youtube vids of that ... and it was just silly dashing all over the map, not really knowing what's going on anywhere...

Yup which is a shame as there is so much to like about it otherwise. i know u can slow it down but its not the games natural speed..If natural speed was say 25% of what it is im sure i would love it....each time im try to orgainise something stuff is happen elsewhere in multiple places at a frantic pace time i get there units are destroyed To play you have to zoom right out and drag and drop and point and click like command and conquer. And i hate that...really defeats the purpose of watching an attack unfold where you can still make decisions and enjoy the graphics and effects....and manage another engagement. Its a real game killer for me otherwise i would be a fan. Gaviteam Muis is the only real time game i play.

Is that 25% of the default game speed or 25% of the slowest setting? I use the speed variation to slow the game down in order to 1. assess problem areas and 2. Buy me some time to pick the units I am going to deploy to the problem areas. I also speed the game up until some level of contact has happened. Then I almost never speed it back up above default speed and frequently slow it down. Another way to control the game is to initially use combined arms teams, try a unit mix that has anti-infantry and anti-tank components, push to a defensible position, blunt and hold the red force, slow the game down, assess for units in peril or areas to exploit, deploy the reinforcements, send them where you need them, set speed to normal, observe, wash, rinse, repeat.

But, I get where you are coming from, the game speed is fast for sure. It is a clickfest, but the speed control gives you little breathers during the course of the game. I think it would be a stronger game if you could pause, but you can't and you just have to try to manage the events the best you can. Sorry that speed issue is impacting your experience because it is a cool game.

Back