Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission: Fall of the 3rd Reich - ROUND 3

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Good morning all.
Hope your enjoying the Memorial Day weekend.
I'm going to go to a nearby air museum to see and watch some vintage aircraft take to the skies this afternoon.
The Air Force Thunderbirds are putting on a show down at the beach and are to fly in and out of the airport the museum is next to. Should be fun.

Round 3 has started and this is the status I have so far....
(I don't know why I'm doing this. It seems all you guys will be finished by tomorrow anyway ;) )

qizxYFs.jpg

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
The battle for Lorraine has begun!
Rottenführer (section leader) Rothe positions his men for action against the advancing Americans.
rnd3 BN.jpg

In the South, the American 5th Army's third attempt to break out of Salerno begins.
1Lt Warner leads his men to the edge of the ruins of Northern Salerno after repeated air strikes have reduced several buildings to rubble.
rnd3 FI.jpg

Despite a gallant stand by @Mad Mikes brave fallschirmjägers at the Gustav Line, they were swept away by a tide of British Army Green. Thanks for the game @Mad Mike! (y)
You're welcome, well played.

Still astonished that you managed to get 300 men, including 3 M4s, out of the QB budget.
And they seemed to be regular quality as well, so not too shabby.
This was basically no contest at assault odds of 3:1.

Stafford

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Yeah allies get lots of bodies for their points, and this was definitely a case of quality vs. quantity. I also had no off-map assets.

The juggernaut US 3rd Army steam rolls through Lorraine and marches onto Metz! Other than that nasty turn @Paleolithic Monk gave me with killing two of my TDs. This battle mostly went according to plan. Thanks for playing it out and good game! (y)

(Later in life, one the captured German soldiers wrote a war diary about how a Sherman tank crew could be heard yelling...
"Best job I ever had!". Those words forever haunted him.) :D

uGEmNQ7.jpg

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
The juggernaut US 3rd Army steam rolls through Lorraine and marches onto Metz! Other than that nasty turn @Paleolithic Monk gave me with killing two of my TDs. This battle mostly went according to plan. Thanks for playing it out and good game! (y)

(Later in life, one the captured German soldiers wrote a war diary about how a Sherman tank crew could be heard yelling...
"Best job I ever had!". Those words forever haunted him.) :D

uGEmNQ7.jpg
Ya ya. Next time I’m having my Hitlerjugend set your command tank on fire...