Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission: Fall of the 3rd Reich - ROUND 3

holoween

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
It's interesting how the Russians seem to be having a hard time of it in these quick battles.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of points they get for a quick battle.
Maybe Russian units are over priced for their capability?

At least in my case they werent.
We had heavy fog and i assumed id have very low visibility.
I wasnt prepared for the fog having almost no impact on actual visibility so my force purchase simply wasnt the right one.
I originally went for a far tank heavier force and that would probably have done significantly better.

Ive also never commanded soviet troops before this turnament so im still finding out what works best with them.

GG @DoubleD

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
I would assume the same about the fog.
I would think the LOS would be as low as 100 meters.
I kind of remember light fog being 250 meters or so.

That is a good point you make.
Perhaps most do not have the same amount of experience choosing and commanding Russian forces as they do German and that makes them look a little bit weaker.

It's interesting how the Russians seem to be having a hard time of it in these quick battles.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of points they get for a quick battle.
Maybe Russian units are over priced for their capability?
I'm thinking of maybe putting together a F&R tournament to get an idea if it's imbalanced or not.

Anyway, it's the end of week 4 and their are only 2 games left.
@A Canadian Cat , @Nathangun @Nort can we get an update?

This is the status as of Sunday 6/27:

QIZSL3k.jpg
A Canadian Cat and I have 13 minutes remaining in our game.