Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission install question.

Septic Limb

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I am looking to play BN, FB, and FI agian. I went to download BN with modules and sighed when faced with the horrible purchase record on Battlefield orders. I have BN version 1 and then the upgrades, patches, etc... Is there a streamlined system, or do I have to hunt through my purchase orders (no labels, just dates, and amounts) and then update all the versions? This was Steam's benefit for the titles released on the system, but it's obvious that the WW2 games are not arriving anytime soon. I, like most of you, have hundreds of dollars invested into the CM games, and it is aggravating to have to navigate the abortion of downloading and patches required at this point in time.

Do not try to hurt your brain and install all those bits an bobs. Just don't. None of that has been required for years.

The only yucky thing about this process now is looking through your orders list to find the one where you bought the latest version. That is sucky. None of the other long dead issues you talk about are still a thing.

So For CMBN find the order where you paid for the v4 upgrade. Then use the link to the full installer for CMBN. Download that. Install that. You are done installing. The full installers now include all the module content.

Now you do need to active the various keys for the modules you own and the versions. So, you will need to go to your records and find the license key for the original version of CMBN you bought, the v4 upgrade and any modules and battle packs you bought (hopefully you saved all you keys in an easy to find location or you get to wonder through that order list again - sigh bummer). You need to run the activate new products short cut that should be installed in the same location as the game .exe file once for each key you want to enter.

I've found a good way to locate your keys is to go to your email client, run a search for Battlefront.com and all your purchase orders should be there.

Do not try to hurt your brain and install all those bits an bobs. Just don't. None of that has been required for years.

The only yucky thing about this process now is looking through your orders list to find the one where you bought the latest version. That is sucky. None of the other long dead issues you talk about are still a thing.

So For CMBN find the order where you paid for the v4 upgrade. Then use the link to the full installer for CMBN. Download that. Install that. You are done installing. The full installers now include all the module content.

Now you do need to active the various keys for the modules you own and the versions. So, you will need to go to your records and find the license key for the original version of CMBN you bought, the v4 upgrade and any modules and battle packs you bought (hopefully you saved all you keys in an easy to find location or you get to wonder through that order list again - sigh bummer). You need to run the activate new products short cut that should be installed in the same location as the game .exe file once for each key you want to enter.
Thank you very much.

Back