Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

come and see

K

Kacper

What is it about human nature I hate violence but love the puzzle of military maneuver as represented in games like CM. It's not just the puzzle because I also love the engineering of military machines even though you just have to youtube Syria to see how terrible they are. anyway, I don't want to get all chi-chi, just wanted to share a movie you should watch if you haven't yet. Just got this on the criterion collection because of the restoration.

If you don't like violence and brutality, why would you watch that movie?

Reactions: mTk
If you don't like violence and brutality, why would you watch that movie?
well yes, you do have a point but on the other hand that's like saying you can't find Picasso's Guernica beautiful because you don't like war. There is something about the artist's attempt to capture a mood, feeling, human fault. It's an important movie because it's from someone that was there lest we forget what war looks like and think it's all romantic like saving private Ryan, or a band of brothers. I don't know just thought I would put it out there someone may like it:) But yes be prepared to question humanity after it (warning) Russian cinema has never pulled punches:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that just as you can have too romantic movies about war, you can also have too bleak ones where you only wallow in the worst of the human condition.

Not much of a movie person myself, but I thought the German movie Stalingrad had a good balance.

Back