Cooking School

I

iron mike usmc

Well, after two years of unemployment, and fruitless search for a job, I will be starting cooking school, next Tuesday, 20 April.

Big change for me. I have spent 28 years working in communications, in one form or another. It has been 36 years since I worked in a restaurant, as a bus boy.

I am both excited and nervous. Mostly excited.

Speaking of cooking, wonder what this marine is tucking into, July 1944?

USMCpacific-camo.jpg

Something my father told me about the restaurant business...once you get in you cant get out...that was 18 years ago...He was right....Good luck!

My maternal grandfather owned a coffee shop. My paternal grandfather owned a Carvel's. My wife's maternal side of the family was in the restaurant buisness for almost 60 years. My wife's father owned a soda/lunch shop for about a decade. An aunt on my mother's side was in the business for about 20 years. One of my wife's cousins has been a chef for about 30 years. His niece is a trained chef, but doesn't work in the field. I think I have a pretty good idea about the business. Anyway, my wife and I have toyed with the idea of owning a little breakfast and lunch place when we retire.

Congrats on the job, hope it works out for you.

Ps the 44 marine is putting the stuff in the can. He is the commi chef.

Back
Top Bottom