Critics and playtesters needed!

S

Scipio

Hi gentlemen!

I have this idea in my mind for a while now, it's about a different way to play H2H quickbattles. I guess it is best if you simply take look on the page that I have prepared: http://petzi-fr.bplaced.net/CMx2Mods/cmbn_maps.php

I would be pleased if of share your thoughts with me about it. Playtesting results would be very welcome, too, since I'm not sure if the balancing will be okay without terraine objectives - especially in probe/attack/assault battles. There's is a package of QB maps downloadable on the bottom of the page!

Greetings and welcome to the FGM (if you planning to hang around post an intro in the correct section)

I took a quick look at it and I like the concept. I'll look into this some more once the kids are in bed and I have some more time to read it. We have lots of playtesters and mapers here who are willing to help you out.

Well it sounds like fun. But I would like some more opions on this.

The main question for me is if it works without objectives. I'm not sure how important they are in Quick Battles. Maybe someone with more scenario design experience can tell!?

Yes it works without objectives. You need to set parameters for the maps then.

I follow your thought process on no objectives, there is a way to set bonus's based upon percentage of casualities which is basically say once you hit X% inflecting casualities you get XX points... I believe this works in QB's... There is also a way to have 8 groups that have progressive points example would be 100 points for Infantry Casualities, you kill 5 % of the infantry points you get 5 points, etc... but that has to be setup by the designer and Idont think it works in QB's. Also I believe there is a default point systems for casualities in QB's but I would have to test and look into that.

I d/l'ed the maps and will take a look and get back with more info...

As I understand the manual, only terrain objectives are kept, but turned into occupy objectives, and all other objectives will be removed when starting a map as quick battle. A casualty threshold is set automatically depending on the type of battle (meeting, probe...)

As I understand the manual, only terrain objectives are kept, but turned into occupy objectives, and all other objectives will be removed when starting a map as quick battle. A casualty threshold is set automatically depending on the type of battle (meeting, probe...)
Yes this is correct, thank you for the insight, I had made some QB maps, but never realized the Bonus parameters did not convert over...

Back
Top Bottom