Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Drat... found guilty again!

Nelson1812

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Every time I see a wargaming site, shop I always end up buying something!

This time I purchased...

They look good... just waiting for the box to arrive. Anybody purchased them here?

Reading @mTk comments on the "Age of Sail" is proving to be very tempting... must hold back and clear some old games... must...

Any of you sinners out there... made unexpected purchases … that your putting down to Coronavirus outbreak!

Interesting @Nelson1812! Do you paint them? Do you have opponents?
Do you have a space to set them up? I'd like to see a photo of your games area. :)

When I first moved out of my parent's house, I was living in a large share house with friends. We had lots of space and turned it into a gaming paradise.
We had a room with a house door as a table, on which we'd set up board games, including massive Squad Leader matches.
We had a room dedicated to computer games. Old clunkers by today's standards, with big heavy monitors.
In another room we set up a massive WW2 diorama war game, using 2 wooden doors as a table.

During isolation the past few weeks, I have bought a number of PC games that were heavily discounted on Steam.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Deadlight
Dues Ex: Human Revolution
Mad Max

I'm also very interested in this one, but even with a 20% discount it's still $56, I think I'll wait.
Mount & Blade Bannerlord

Looking at my games list, I just remembered I have this one too, but haven't tried it yet. American Civil War, player vs player. Maryland Campaign, September 1862.
War of Rights

@Concord ...Will post again when the box arrives...
Must admit, I would more than likely purchased all those games you have... but I think most are RTS, with my eyes and reactions... I be a turkey ready for plucking.
That War of rights you posted, looks interesting! (Tempted again)

@HOA_KSOP & @Bulletpoint ... good purchases... But I never belonged to the "spit and polish" brigade!

@Concord

Well boxed arrived...looks good... problems so far...

Still have little time to paint.
Made a mistake in using old paints
New paints arrived late
Hands still shake... but a lot easier than painting 1:72 soldiers these being 28m.
Eyesights got worse!

But hear some snap shops of the first troop...

Zv57Bqq.jpg

oHhpNyE.jpg

Started on the first Union troop.

Whiskey and beer reminded me of the olden days when bars had spittoons'... toilet paper... the polishing...
and then the old army term... "spit and polish" came to mind.

I hope my comment brought a smile.. as intended.

The only times I have seen spittoons have been in Lucky Luke comics :)

Whiskey and beer reminded me of the olden days when bars had spittoons'... toilet paper... the polishing...
and then the old army term... "spit and polish" came to mind.

They can also be piss cans if you are uncouth.

Nice work on the painting @Nelson1812 .

This thread actually reminded me. I think you may be the first person I ever played a H2H CM2 game with, way back in the yesterdays of We Band of Brothers. You won, if I recall correctly. My how time flies.

@Concord

Well boxed arrived...looks good... problems so far...

Still have little time to paint.
Made a mistake in using old paints
New paints arrived late
Hands still shake... but a lot easier than painting 1:72 soldiers these being 28m.
Eyesights got worse!

But hear some snap shops of the first troop...

Zv57Bqq.jpg

oHhpNyE.jpg

Great job on the painting! Like the detail work immensely. So when does the battle start?

Started on the first Union troop.

Back