Expanding FGM

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
As FGM is generally a wargaming club I would like to see what other games you guys play and if we have enough of a crossover in interests we may open up new areas.

I will start by listing other games I have on my HD.

Campaign Series
HPS Titles
Armed Assault 1 & 2
Hearts of Iron II
Squad Battles
Battles in Italy
Battles in Normandy
IL2 Sturmovik
Wings of Prey

Breaklight's in for :

Arma2 (with the ACE patch)
IL-2
Silent hunter 3 and 4 (more single player really)
FSX
Falcon AF (but i cant get it to run on win7, anyone any luck?)
Company of Heroes
Stratigic command
Railworks (*GRIN* nostaligic memorys of anorak and shandy days gone by, it's just a shame you can't smell that class47 in BR blue...)

Thats pretty much my list for now

Ahh, and i forgot to mention RISK, but then i mean the board game :p

But i guess the chance of us getting together at someones house with a crate of beer or two wil probably be quite small...

Panzer General (classic!)
War in the Pacific
IL-2
Lots of Demos.......

TOAW III
Company of Heroes
Call of Duty(world at war)
FSX
All of the Battlefield series

Not bad what Is ee here. Well, then, here I come:

ArmA1 (2 will follow once a complete edition is out including the add-on AND all of the WW2 mods are done)
Campaign Series
Silent Hunter 3 (5 will soon be available to me)
Steel Panthers WW2
Steel Panthers MBT
Battlegroup42 (BF1942 mod)
Forgotten Hope 2 (BF2 mod)

And I might be tempted to get me IL-2, but that's more of a long-term plan. There's a load of other games I play, but probabaly none that are played around here. Just for the fun of it - and because Im still looking for opponents and don't like to play some freaks from the WWW - I'll add some other titles:

Need for Speed: Shift
MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries
Firestorm over Kronus (Dawn of War: Dark Crusade mod)

Oh, I forgot to add:

Rome: Total War
Medieval 2: Total War

Both modded, though. I rarely play a game out of the box these days. Everything can be made so much better if some dedicated guys put their mind to it.

If were aiming mainly for wargaming, Steel Panthers should make it as well - that's THE oldschool wargame for a lot of people out there (apart from the HPS games and the like). Even better: there are THREE different version (two of them WW2) and they're all FREE TO PLAY (meaning: you don't need to pay for downloading it).

@Reich: Too bad King's Bounty isn't MP capable. :sad:

Ah, something I'm better in, apparently - I'm in the last campaign of the first Heroes V add-on, although I play it on 'Easy' (it's nigh on impossible on 'Normal' in most missions, at least for the casual gamer that I am). Haven't finished KB yet, still have to beat the crap out of that frickin' demons before I can go to the orcs...

That thing's working in 3D...? Anyway, how about we get a few Campaign Series games going since everybody seems to have it?

I've not played very many games so I'm certainly not a pro, but I beat the AI a couple of times. Either way I propose we start with something smal - managing anything abovce a regiment literally takes hours... and you ALWAYS miss a few units (usually the most importnat ones).

Got the mail, willt ake a look ASAP. And then I'll look for a nice CS scenario...

Back
Top Bottom