Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II “Rise and Fall of Carthage” Tournament - starts 26 October 2020

Five rounds. Each round will last 14 days. The battles will be Medium-sized custom battles:
1. Krimisos Campaign 341 BC: Carthaginian 410-341 BC vs Syracusan 412-281 BC. Mediterranean Agricultural.
2. Pyrrhos’s Sicilian Campaign 277 BC: Carthaginian 280-263 BC vs Pyrrhic 280-275 BC. Mediterranean Agricultural.
3. First Punic War 255 BC: Carthaginian 262-236 BC vs Roman 280-220 BC. Mediterranean Agricultural.
4. Conquest of Spain 230 BC: Carthaginian 235-146 BC vs Spanish (Iberian) 300-10 BC. Mediterranean Hilly.
5. Second Punic War 202 BC: Carthaginian (Hannibal in Africa) 202 BC vs Roman 219-200 BC with Numidian 341-56 BC allies. Mediterranean Agricultural.

I'm signed up too. Anyone interested in practicing any of these as mirror matches?

I can be a sparring partners if needed, but I will not join the competition(not enough time)

Challenge accepted! I've been so focused in Late Antiquity and EMA that this battle seems nice and fresh!
Great! I'll get to it later tomorrow (Tuesday 20-Oct).

I can be a sparring partners if needed, but I will not join the competition(not enough time)
Great! I'll set something up later tomorrow (Tuesday 20-Oct).

@Bartimeus - Challenge created today instead. Look for "Badger73" mirror match with timestamp 19 October 2020 19:45.
Password = Jericho

Perfect. I will start the batattle today(this evening).
From thrusday until monday i'am away so the battle will have a little "break" :)
See ya on the battle field

LOL! I was just teasing you, Ted. :fisher:
If you've ever played ancient military miniatures a la WRG or DBA with 15mm or 25mm on a large table top, this is that on computer --> Field of Glory II - Game - Slitherine
I've clocked over 500 hours in the past couple years in more than 200 H2H matches and I'm still a mostly mediocre player . . . :shocknaz:
It's available on Steam and while fairly straightforward to learn, it takes a lot to master. Just ask @Rico . . . ;)

LOL! I was just teasing you, Ted. :fisher:
If you've ever played ancient military miniatures a la WRG or DBA with 15mm or 25mm on a large table top, this is that on computer --> Field of Glory II - Game - Slitherine
I've clocked over 500 hours in the past couple years in more than 200 H2H matches and I'm still a mostly mediocre player . . . :shocknaz:
It's available on Steam and while fairly straightforward to learn, it takes a lot to master. Just ask @Rico . . . ;)
Badger may call himself mediocre, but he beats me like a drum! :LOL:

I can't undertake to play the tournament itself, but really like the matchups! So I'd be all for playing them, each one in turn, as friendlies with another person, whether mirrored or if that person prefers being Carthaginians or their opponents in each of the five battles, and whether medium (1200 FP) or large (1600 FP) battles (large battles are generally more fun in my view):

1. Krimisos Campaign 341 BC: Carthaginian 410-341 BC vs Syracusan 412-281 BC. Mediterranean Agricultural.
2. Pyrrhos’s Sicilian Campaign 277 BC: Carthaginian 280-263 BC vs Pyrrhic 280-275 BC. Mediterranean Agricultural.
3. First Punic War 255 BC: Carthaginian 262-236 BC vs Roman 280-220 BC. Mediterranean Agricultural.
4. Conquest of Spain 230 BC: Carthaginian 235-146 BC vs Spanish (Iberian) 300-10 BC. Mediterranean Hilly.
5. Second Punic War 202 BC: Carthaginian (Hannibal in Africa) 202 BC vs Roman 219-200 BC with Numidian 341-56 BC allies. Mediterranean Agricultural.

Back