Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II - Random Battle Set Up-Multi-Player

"Ask and ye shall be answered" . . . ;)
  1. Log on to multi-player
  2. Go to the "My Challenges" tab
  3. Press "New Challenge" button at bottom
  4. Then select "Create Skirmish"
  5. In that "Custom Battle" screen, click "Hiding Advanced Options" to "Showing Advanced Options"
  6. That shows you the Advanced options pictured here. Pick what you wish there.
1603380234958.png

@Badger73 I did that. However, after selecting the sides the point option was restricted to no more than 2000.
Which in a V.Lrg map is teeny. Clearly I am making a technical error of some kind.
@Wellsonian You forget I played in the "Classic Battles" tournaments last year. That's understandable. My play was dreadful and I had no interest in "Empires" so I went MIA.
HOA and I are just messing around with some casual play. Those Slitherine tournaments are waay outside my skill level.
Remember, I'm the guy who plays RPG's on <dimwit> difficulty.

@Badger73 I did that. However, after selecting the sides the point option was restricted to no more than 2000.
Which in a V.Lrg map is teeny. Clearly I am making a technical error of some kind.

Got it. I posted this question on the Slitherine message board in the FOG2 Quick Questions thread --> Quick Questions Thread on Rules
Let's see what they answer.

@mTk - Here's one answer. It appears that 2000 is the Force Points limit in custom battles.

Per Karvon
In custom battles, there's a limit of 2000 pts.
Out of curiosity, I tried to max out the other settings and found....
Map size limits max out at 64 in each direction
Turn limits... I gave up at 500 mouse clicks, so no idea of the upper limit there

Default battle setting should be Medium which gives you 1600 purchase points -- makes for a perfectly-sized battle ... we played all the Empire Builders on that size -- works well -- no need to go much larger, really.
Agreed, I also think that the medium size battles offer a little more diversity in picking specific units within an army list. Because you can't purchase as much, you and your opponent need to deliberately forgo units in a mid-size battle differently than is necessary in a larger one. :unsure:

Back