[FILM] Defiance

C

cillmhor

Watched this last night and I quite enjoyed it. Daneil Craig and Leiv Schreiber are the two main actors, and the plot and action are plausible enough. Not sure how historically accurate it is, but it taught me a little bit about the Bielski partisans, a group of Polish Jews who organised themselves to fight against the Nazis in what had been Soviet-occupied Poland in WW2.

I've wiki'ed it since and it seems like a really interesting story where the Jewish partisans brought over a thousand Jews out to the forest and set up a community there where they were safe from the Germans. The camp ended up with around 70% women, children and elderly people. So it was by no means only partisans.

Anyway, worth a watch, although not an all-action war film, if that's what you're looking for.

I was a bit disappointed with it as well. mTk hit it right on the head, I found it very predictable.

The only good thing about it was the makeshift Panzer III tank that the partisans blow up. They did a good job with some sheet metal and a welder for the turret, but the rest of it looked pretty suspect... too long.

Cheers!

Leto

I thought it was a pretty decent portrayal of a true story of resistance.

Back
Top Bottom