Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[FILM] The Equalizer

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
A man believes he has put his mysterious past behind him and has dedicated himself to beginning a new, quiet life. But when he meets a young girl under the control of ultra-violent Russian gangsters, he can't stand idly by - he has to help her.

I saw it last night.
To stay awake...

I'd personally give it a 5-6. Unless you're very bored, I would say skip it. The story is weak, the action not very spectacular, it's a movie that's not sure of what it wants to be. If you want a gripping story, look elsewhere, if you want a standard action movie look elsewhere as well. If you want a new action movie that's pretty decent I would say John Wick will fit the bill (poor story, good action, somewhat reminiscent of action movies from the late 80's to mid 90's).

If you want a crime thriller/drama that's done better by the same director (Antoine Fuqua) I'd go with Training Day or Brooklyn's Finest. As for action thrillers by him, I would recommend Shooter.

In the mood for a Denzel revenge/vengeance movie a whole lot better than The Equalizer? You can't go wrong with Man on Fire.

Back