Fire

W

Wilhelm Mohnke

So far havent seen neither grass nor houses caught fire by whatever reason...looks to me like fire isnt moddeled like in CMx1, or Im wrong? have any of you heard anything about it?

For me fire is a tactical resource, not just some eyecandy.

Not modeled, problems with code. Maybe next module. Accordingto BFC

hmmm ok thanks for the quick reply man, so theres a chance in the future to see some fire ingame, plz enlighten me what is a module, a patch or something like that?

For me fire is a tactical resource, not just some eyecandy.

I believe that was one of ther easons they left it out for the base game - because players abused the possibility to lay fires A LOT. And it was pretty difficult to code. t is possible we'll see flamethrowers in one of the modules, but I wouldn't bet on it until we get official confirmation from BFC.

pretty disappointing I must say, personally I never fire spammed but used HE rounds in order to cause a fire and deny the enemy cover and delay his advance.

I loved how a building could get burn to ashes from a fire produced by a shreck shot indoors or a field fire from a brewed panzer. sigh.

Thnxs for your replies gentz,

Fire will hopefully be in the last module.

Fire is more of a "feature" and as so would usually not be included in a module but would be added with a whole new base game.

However the last module should hopefully include flamethrowers and flamethrower vehicles so obviously fire would need to be added to make these weapons work.

Yeah it sucks that we cant have fire yet, but BF put a lot of research into this game and their research showed up that flame weapons were not common enough to warrant delaying the base game any further by including them then.

Back
Top Bottom