Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

First new Russian tank since 1993

Let us hope they will not to have been used in real war!

Greetings :)

Amen to that Sempai.

Just got to get my Prime Minister to shut his pie-hole, we have nothing compared to that kit. :eek::shocknaz:

@eniced73: Hm, maybe You overestimate the value of the M1. Concerning the crew - nothing can replace a well trained and if possible experienced crew. But the M1 was developped (at least to a specific point) in unison with the Leopard. That is quite a time ago - the 80´s. Since then Russians may get enough info about both tank types to have let the info incorporate into their own development. M1 is a third generation tank and the T-14 (if the info is right) a fourth generation tank. You really think the Russians would gamble with their own safety? Putin is too much a realist to do so. He wouldn´t have allowed to disclose that tank type if he a) hadn´t already the next project up his sleeve and b) he wouldn´t be sure the T14 couldn´t at least match the common third generation tank types. You don´t think so?

Nah. I don't think I am over estimating. The M1 has been upgraded many times over since start of development. It is far from the war machine it started as. Better than the Armata? I don't know. Maybe not but I just do not see it as a fourth generation tank considering Russia has been several generations behind us in development. Putin is not worried about an US confrontation. This machine is meant to kill armor of his neighbors. After seeing one breakdown or freeze up during the big whoopla parade did not score many points with me either. Yeah, I am biased of course.

No problem if You are biased! :D I didn´t want to destroy Your opinion. I only wanted You to take into account the Russians had enough time and money to create a match for the M1 and any other western tank of the world. And further I don´t think the Armata is the real thing. That is only a stage to something more powerful - maybe the officially cancelled Project 195 and Object 640 Black Eagle etc. But did You notice the additional pilots cancel´s armor and some of the other features? Reminds me strongly on the Merkava. Even the hull reminds on that type. And the new russian Self Propelled Arty reminds strongly on the Sholef. Of that only two prototypes were built by the Israeli so far as I know. Seems the Russians had info about that objects as well. That only to show what I mean. I really hope we never have to find out who´s army has the greates/tallest and longest - if You can forgive me that vulgar expression.

Nevertheless: LEEEOOOPAAAAAAARD :panzer::panzer::panzer::panzer::panzer::panzer::panzer: forward!!!!!!!!!!!:2charge:

Back