First reaction and screens of CW module

• Thread starter Dutch Grenadier
  • Start date
D

Dutch Grenadier

Man I love the new module. I cheched out the new uits in editor and they look great. What I also like is the new briefing screen.

CMNormandy2012-03-0613-18-01-42.jpg

Is anyone elses Z folder fucked up? Mine is... Sounds is screwed

Is anyone elses Z folder fucked up? Mine is... Sounds is screwed

If you start up a v1.01 game with v1.10 and you saved during the command phase you will get divebomber sounds that will drive you nuts even if you delete the Z file. Play out the turn and don't save during the command phase and it will go away the next file. I tried this out already and will now slowly add mods to games that sound okay.

Hope all that makes sense to everyone

That divebomber sounds drives me nuts indeed. And what a difference without mods. The game looks and sounds boring then.

The larger maps should add a lot of interesting options for armour and mechanized.

The only thing I've had to remove is Vin's Animated Text - but then I read a warning about it a couple of days ago. I have all of the Aris, JuJu, and
a few other mods, all working fine so far.

DG there are only a few mods that fuck up in the game. All of the texture mods and sound mods work fine, the only mod that doesn't work for me is 'Vin's animated text (heavy) CMBN v2.0' which changes the coding of the game. The screw up sounds will be fixed if you try what Herr Klopek suggests or you can do what I do and have 2 copies of the game on your computer, one as v1.01 and one as v1.10.

FYI fellas,
I never experience any problems with sound at all after upgrading too CM CW.
May be because I have zero saved games from 1.01 CMBN.

I have a quick look , and it look fine apart from thing the on screen text tellling what man is doing what fill up lower half of the screen , is that supposed to happen ?

It is the phase where you command your units. Before you hit WEGO.

I am so frustrated. How in the hell could BF miss the screaming bombers sounds and even worse, how could they miss the Crash issue with PBEM games. Why didn't they do CW like the did BB or Africa in CMx1? I now have 2 games that have hung up and they tell me the solution is to load a separate copy of BN. One that is 1.01 and then one that is 1.1? Really?!?!?!?! That's the solution?!?!?! And you were going to tell us this when? Definitely not when we preordered. Definitely not when we rushed to download the new module. I think Bill Gates would even be embarrassed...

Thank you for listening. I will step off my soapbox.

I have just noticed as well that units have strange names ie infantry platoons being called T72 ! In fact all units have names that have nothing to do with it :) does any body else have this problem ?

I have just noticed as well that units have strange names ie infantry platoons being called T72 ! In fact all units have names that have nothing to do with it :) does any body else have this problem ?

Dont worry about a reply I have found it out :)

Yes, I have this wonderful feature also!!!!!!!!! What is the work around for this one Bider?

Back
Top Bottom