foxholes and trenches

A

aleph.nevel

Hi,

Would like some tips to place foxholes and trenches in bocage normandy.

Did u put just behind hedgerow ? - it seems to degrade los a lot - or in fallback position ?

Some say it's better to put on reverse slope.

Thx.

It all depends on your defense and what type of force that is attacking you. Placing defend works in the LOS of the attacker with armor/artillery will make short work of your defenders. What you need to do is to funnel to attacker into your killing zone, by using terrain, mines, barber wire, etc. And from protected positions with trenches and foxholes your defenders can cut them down.

I prefer defense in depth and strong mobile reserve ( about 1/3 to 1/2 of your force) in your rear to counter and/or counter-attack with.

I suggest that you take a hard look as if you were the attacker, look at the most likely routes attacker will used. One route is along the flank edge of the map, is normally one of the most likely route(s) he will take.

Gaming again Human opponent will improve your tactics too.

Welcome to FGM, aleph.nevel.
LH

Another question regarding foxholes. I had read something about, that since 1.10 in a PBEM the attacker can see the placed foxholes already during the setup phase and hadn`t to discover them during the game. Does someone know if this is true?

Back
Top Bottom