Good modelling sites

Nice site you have there razorboy. Do you play CM modded or unmodded? By the way, your models are superb :yo:

Kitmaker Network

This is a networking site that brings together quite a few sites, including armorama which has already been mentioned but also Aeroscale and other sites for ships, figures, cars, railways, plus an overall set of forums for everyone use as well as their own.

Only problem is that the standard of modellers is so high it is quite depressing......check out the build of the 1/48 Me 210 by Chuck E; you will be both inspired and dismayed in equal measure.

One I feel a bit more at home with, in terms of standards, is:

The Airfix Tribute Forum

They're much more laid back and have many modellers like you and me just bashing out kits for fun, as well as the odd elite modeller.

Kitmaker Network

This is a networking site that brings together quite a few sites, including armorama which has already been mentioned but also Aeroscale and other sites for ships, figures, cars, railways, plus an overall set of forums for everyone use as well as their own.

Only problem is that the standard of modellers is so high it is quite depressing......check out the build of the 1/48 Me 210 by Chuck E; you will be both inspired and dismayed in equal measure.

The Airfix Tribute Forum

They're much more laid back and have many modellers like you and me just bashing out kits for fun, as well as the odd elite modeller.

I know what you mean McIvan. I look at work such as that in awe, knowing I will never be able to match it. Used to make me crazy trying to duplicate it. I burned out from modelling as a result. Now I am content to make things that appeal to me and make me happy. I find the hobby much more relaxing. You know the feeling you had when the masking job on your whirlwind came out so well? Those are the moments I cherish now. Of course I want the end result to look good, but I have learned that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that eye gets a little partial when you have 100+ hours tied up in a project.

Kitmaker Network

The Airfix Tribute Forum

Kitmaker/Armorama are great sites, Scott Lodder has kept them together nicely. I won't go back to a couple of those mentioned in this thread because of one or two individuals at each who although never having shown any of their own work (if there indeed were any), were always way to quick to pick apart everyone elses contributions as being historically inaccurate, poorly assembled, etc.. I can take criticism .... as long as it is constructive vs. destructive criticism.

Back
Top Bottom