Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Great Patriotic War.

@ChuckDyke What is "Fire & Bubble?"

Red Thunder module

Reactions: mTk
Would be nice if we get some Soviet funnies in Fire and B....ooops Rubble.

The 'Red October Factory Complex is the size of a typical scenario map. 1100 meters by 800 meters. Was defended by three regiments over several weeks. That's KT in Stalingrad.

This brings back memories of my early Squad Leader (pre ASL) days, playing The Tractor Works with friends back in 1983.

That, IMO, is something the CM engine has never quite managed to get right....the closed in, claustrophobic feeling of infantry city combat. Nothing has ever even came close to my 1980s experiences with the original Squad Leader board game, when it comes to that. Perhaps I'm viewing it from rose colored glasses...who can say?

In Combat Mission it is a mathematics model only. You would need a Terabyte of Ram to produce Rooms, Cellars, and the means to modify that environment. I would like to see the possibility of sub-terrain battles. Take the Subway system of Seoul for example. Go down most subway stations and you enter a shopping centre. Would make nice for modern warfare, don't wish it to happen for real.

In Combat Mission it is a mathematics model only. You would need a Terabyte of Ram to produce Rooms, Cellars, and the means to modify that environment. I would like to see the possibility of sub-terrain battles. Take the Subway system of Seoul for example. Go down most subway stations and you enter a shopping centre. Would make nice for modern warfare, don't wish it to happen for real.
All computer games are mathematical models, generally calculating results with various modifiers. Way faster than a die roll and a CRT look up.

Come to mainland China... the entire country isn't just expecting it they're prepared for it.

In the US the media purports that the "ghost cities" of china are speculative real-estate disasters.... nope.... the only way a western power will ever have a chance of knocking china out is with nukes... and even that won't work... who nukes empty cities?

Nuclear weapons are like settling our differences with a hand-grenades in the same room. We need nations with working infrastructures. Take the Covid-19 virus for example. Brought the world economy to its knees. Worse of all it will stop us from playing hypothetical battles.

you're making my point.... nuke china all you want... they have entire empty cities and factories with redundant infrastructure.... invade by land? you're going to have to fight underground.... China wins... every scenario...

oh... and look at China's GDP for 2020... Covid? What is that?

you're making my point.... nuke china all you want... they have entire empty cities and factories with redundant infrastructure.... invade by land? you're going to have to fight underground.... China wins... every scenario...
WW III started some time ago it just is not fought WW II style. A similar scenario is Victorian Britain. They flooded the world with Made in England products and expanded their influence with lots of little wars.

Back